Studebaker Hubcap Wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Hubcap Wrench

Can anyone tell me how to find the history on this part? On one side in raised cast letters it says "The Studebaker Corporation AA4855". On the other side there is a B inside a triangle. The wrench is about 9 5/8 in. long. On one end is an octagon about 1 13/16 in. across outside. The inside of the octagon is just round. The other end of the wrench is a hexagon with inside and outside dimensions of about 7/8 in. and 1 3/8 in. respectively. I would like to find out the actual applications, period of manufacture etc.

James D.

Omg can you just post a picture???

Dean.

Comment

Hey Jim we missed seeing you at Branson.

Comment

That part (AA4855) is a valve cap and spark plug wrench for a 1913 Studebaker. There were 43 items included in the original tools that came with every 1913 Studebaker. One was expected to be able to fix or repair any problems while on the road. The Owners Guide was quite comprehensive and amounted to a mini-shop manual.
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Howdy, Jim and welcome to the forum. You've obviously stumbled in to the perfect site to make your inquiries. Would you happen to have a 1913 Studebaker to accompany that wrench?
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

We were sorry to miss the orphan show, it's my favorite car show. I got wrapped up in the steam engine show at Republic. I don't remember the two ever being at the same time before. Your wagon is sure looking good.

Comment

You are welcome.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
              X