View Full Version : Studebaker Hubcap Wrench

James D.
09-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Can anyone tell me how to find the history on this part? On one side in raised cast letters it says "The Studebaker Corporation AA4855". On the other side there is a B inside a triangle. The wrench is about 9 5/8 in. long. On one end is an octagon about 1 13/16 in. across outside. The inside of the octagon is just round. The other end of the wrench is a hexagon with inside and outside dimensions of about 7/8 in. and 1 3/8 in. respectively. I would like to find out the actual applications, period of manufacture etc.

James D.

dean pearson
09-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Omg can you just post a picture???


09-23-2014, 08:51 PM
Hey Jim we missed seeing you at Branson.

Studebaker Wheel
09-23-2014, 09:37 PM
That part (AA4855) is a valve cap and spark plug wrench for a 1913 Studebaker. There were 43 items included in the original tools that came with every 1913 Studebaker. One was expected to be able to fix or repair any problems while on the road. The Owners Guide was quite comprehensive and amounted to a mini-shop manual.

09-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Howdy, Jim and welcome to the forum. You've obviously stumbled in to the perfect site to make your inquiries. Would you happen to have a 1913 Studebaker to accompany that wrench? :rolleyes:

James D.
09-24-2014, 08:22 PM
We were sorry to miss the orphan show, it's my favorite car show. I got wrapped up in the steam engine show at Republic. I don't remember the two ever being at the same time before. Your wagon is sure looking good.

Studebaker Wheel
09-25-2014, 01:20 AM
You are welcome.