Scrapping Studebaker parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapping Studebaker parts

There is very little interest in my parts stash so far, and I'll be forced to scrap some of the iron and sheet metal. I have a few V8 block to scrap, but hate to trash a Jet Thrust bare block. (JT 1444). Not going to be easy doing the same with a half dozen V8 flywheels, lots of heads and crank shafts. Most of the stuff dirt cheap or free with the purchase of some of the good stuff. Again, parts are near Annapolis Md.
    JDP Maryland

John,
    Let me know what you want for the heavy stuff and I will come load it up.

Jamie
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Center grille for a m series? side grilles for a M5 / Don't need , but always on my mind with all the deer strikes around here.
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
        John,

Jamie
        Well, it would be aprox 520 miles for me. 360 for Jamie.

(Sigh)...these things never come up when I have money or time.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
          John,

Jamie
          $25 each for your choice of V8 heads, some have the seats ground, V8 flywheels $100 for package of 7 or 8, lots more for just scrap value. Much more i.e. torque convertors, wheels, lots of engine parts, and much more.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

John, Do you have a list somewhere of what you have. I would be interested in a good block and heads. I live in Bel Air and could come over and look at what you have at your convenience.

Lee

Comment

There's a guy with a post in 'General Studebaker Specific Discussion' area of the forum that just got his first Lark. It appears that the engine is shot. He's looking for engine parts and I believe he's in Virginia. Post is titled 'My 1st Lark' not too far down the list of posts. Maybe you and him can connect and make a deal.

Comment

I have a 289 that has spun off the main crank. Would you happen to have one (main crank, that is)? Come to think of it, heads and valves might not be a bad idea either... Problem is, I'm just about as far away as it is possible to be in the Continental U.S. (with the possible exceptions of Hawaii and Alaska).
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I am in need of all parts to do with a flathead six 170; m5 pickup. If you have anything like valves, pistons, radiator, starter, generator, etc; please let me know. I am in around Virginia.

Comment

PM sent...
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I had to replace my Champ 8E5 cab. When I called the scrap yard to dump it, the State of Ohio required that I turn in the title to the truck. Didn't make sense since I was replacing the cab for a rebuild. Had to find a way around that nonsense.

Comment

wish I was in the market being that I am so close but .... Im not Sorry JDP

even if I was I am dimeless at the moment, ... trying to sell some of my own stuff to finish my '60 Champ
                        Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by RSykes View Post
                          I had to replace my Champ 8E5 cab. When I called the scrap yard to dump it, the State of Ohio required that I turn in the title to the truck. Didn't make sense since I was replacing the cab for a rebuild. Had to find a way around that nonsense.
                          Cut the "cab" into small pieces of scrap metal, then turn that into the scrap yard.
                          A hacksaw/sawzall and sharp ax does a surprisingly quick job of making small [3' square] pieces of scrap metal. Don't use your best ax.
                          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                            Cut the "cab" into small pieces of scrap metal, then turn that into the scrap yard.
                            A hacksaw/sawzall and sharp ax does a surprisingly quick job of making small [3' square] pieces of scrap metal. Don't use your best ax.
                            I can't recall how many cars have left my place in 2'sq sections. A reciprocating saw, sawzall, is by far the best way to do it. I have used a plasma cutter, oxy/acetylene, cutoff saw, etc... but have had the best success and least amount of cleanup after using the sawzall, the safety factor is also a plus.

Some of the stuff makes great patch panels.

One guy in a small truck that was passing through the neighborhood looking for scrap metal. He was surprised when I flagged him down and loaded him up. One complete 1962 4 door Lark body, in aforementioned pieces, and a few V8 blocks, not to mention a host of other parts no one wanted. I did give him a set of helper springs for his Tacoma, after seeing the stance. He was most appreciative, of the scrap and the springs. Now I give him a call when I need stuff hauled away.

Len.

Comment

John
                              Unless you carefully cleaned these parts and wrap them in tissue paper in a gift box
                              you can not give them away.
                              I have several cars including some 1953/54 K bodies that I am going to scrap.
                              I have listed these before and all I get is "please send pictures"
                              or please send a list of parts that are missing.
                              Tire kickers!
                              10 years ago I would have come down and paid a fair price for your parts but I am old now and cleaning out also.
                              People are too busy and only buy from Amazon.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
                              X