Hampton roads va club chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampton roads va club chapter

Does anyone know if the hampton roads Virginia chapter is accepting members I've tired to contact several people listed on the website but no one has replied I'm very interested in joining my local chapter I hope they are still around ...
    "trying to save them from the crusher one at a time"

Hopefully someone will chime in

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm starting to wonder about the car clubs in this area ....

I've tried to join a few car clubs in the past and it always seems they either don't want non locals joining or they never get back to anyone.

Comment

Every chapter/club "accepts members", but some officers become too involved with other things to respond promptly. Suggest you contact either the Zone Coordinator of the Regional Director. They may have better info regarding local POCs and/or are in a better position to get a response. The club is in no position to ignore membership requests.

Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
          Every chapter/club "accepts members", but some officers become too involved with other things to respond promptly. Suggest you contact either the Zone Coordinator of the Regional Director. They may have better info regarding local POCs and/or are in a better position to get a response. The club is in no position to ignore membership requests.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/zonecontacts.asp
          It seems like the Hampton Roads Chapter officers are always hard to reach. Try Lonnie Ayers, the Membership Director. His email is ayersclassic51 at aol dot com
          His telephone number is seven five seven dash six five seven dash six four zero four. If you are still unable to reach him, send me a PM and I'll find you a contact. They are all nice people and will welcome you, but as Skip says, they are often busy in their private lives.
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by Restobaker View Post
            Does anyone know if the hampton roads Virginia chapter is accepting members I've tired to contact several people listed on the website but no one has replied I'm very interested in joining my local chapter I hope they are still around ...
            PM sent re point of contact for Hampton Roads Chapter. If that does not work, get back to me. Ken, Deltaville Va

Comment

I'm a nonactive member, so I do not know a lot, but I try to go to one HRC meeting each year. I plan to go to the AACA show on the 27th at the Military Air Museum south of Pungo. In the past they have set aside a parking area for interesting non AACA cars. If they do that again this year, then my 1950 GMC panel truck will be there. If we find each other, then I will tell you what I know. The posters above are right about everyone being busy, and they are right about them being great people. The Ayers had computer service problems, so they had to change the 51 in their e-mail address (shown above) to 88.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info I'll see what I can do this weekend to contact these folks.

Ive sent The Ayers emails but didn't hear back thanks for their updated email

Robert, I may come out and check out you gmc thanks for the info

Comment

I was able to contact Lonnie thank you all for the help I will be attending one of the meetings in October ....

Comment

Working...
                  X