Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

57 golden hawk rear window trim fit on 61?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 golden hawk rear window trim fit on 61?

I really like the look of the trim on the back window of the golden hawk. It is wider and more pronounced than the thinner one on the 61 hawk. Are the trim pieces snap on and interchangeable?

The "Halo" is a separate piece and requires fasteners in the roof and chrome bottom End Cap castings.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The chrome bottom end cap castings are available from S.I.
      The clips to hold the halo on on the 1956 had
      threaded studs with nuts and required removal of a head liner panel.
      On 1957-on the headliner is harder remove so they used an stud without threads and a push clip in a hole in the body.
      All these original parts are hard to find but Brent Hagen has a after market clip that will work.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Your 1961 is a C body coupe and all Golden Hawks are K body hardtops. The "halo" will still fit, but the cars will appear different with the "halo" on your Hawk than on a Golden Hawk.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

so I would need to drill a couple holes in the top for the clips to pop in? Not sure I want to commit to the mod if it is not reversible. Has anyone ever seen this done? Any pics of it around?
          what is a reasonable price for a halo?
          thanks for all advice

Comment

There always seems to be a few of those GH roof halos for sale here and there. I suppose a decent used one would bring $75-$200. Avoid buying the '55 Speedster version. It looks the same from a distance, but is actually completely different, and would not really fit your '61 Hawk.

Comment

What you are considering is against the law, and you WILL be judged

Comment

Sacrelige right?!

Comment

Working...
                X