hurst syncrolok for t-85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurst syncrolok for t-85

Recently purchased a hurst dual pattern syncrolok for my t-85. I am looking for a mounting brackett or picture of one that i can fabricate. Thanks, gary

They make one for a THREE Speed?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This is the only picture I have of that shifter. Maybe someone else will post more detail.
      Attached Files
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        This is the only picture I have of that shifter. Maybe someone else will post more detail.
        It depends on what the trans is going in.

That one was done by Jack Vines for his 3/4 ton C-Cab truck.

Below is one that Allan Songer did for a '56 sedan. Note the different location of where the shifter ended up. I think Allan managed to find a rare original mount bracket. Most likely, you'll have to fab your own. Sorry that I can't help more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by omastreet@msn.com View Post
          Recently purchased a hurst dual pattern syncrolok for my t-85. I am looking for a mounting brackett or picture of one that i can fabricate. Thanks, gary
          Hi, Gary,

In what will you be installing the shifter? Bench or bucket seats?

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Here's the bracket I have for a T86 with a different type of Hurst shifter. I don't know what would be different.
            Attached Files
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

For those considering building your own floor shifter, finding or fabricating the shifter rods correctly is sometimes as difficult as making the bracket.

Then, once the shifter is in place, correctly positioning and cutting the big hole in the tunnel, fabricating the doghouse to cover the big hole in the tunnel, plus weatherproofing and sound-proofing the hole also requires some fabrication skills.

I only mention the work to be done because some time back, as a favor, I sold a Hurst shifter to a SDC member and then was answering phone calls and complaints for literally years afterwards about how difficult the fabrication and installation was and how I should have warned him about what he was getting into. Just me, but I use them in all my manual transmission Studes; your opinions and results may vary.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

Working...
              X