No announcement yet.

I need one or a pair of factory disc brake calipers, either rebuilt or new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: I need one or a pair of factory disc brake calipers, either rebuilt or new

I have a pair of Dunlop/Bendix calipers that are badly pitted and I would like to replace them. If someone has a pair, please let me know VIA PM.
    Thanks.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Hi Howard,
    You can send those pitted calipers to a place called "White Post" to be re-lined with stainless steel. I did that with a pair off a 63GT once, and it is a permanent repair. I forget the address, but they advertise in HMN, or you can find them on-line.

Joe

Comment

Yes, I used White Post Restorations years ago, as well. And, Stude International has them new.
      Last edited by Xcalibur; 09-19-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

I got mine from Dave T-bow years ago, all rebuilt & ready to go. Send him your old ones & save the core charge to boot.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Great information. Thanks all!
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

I used HYE-DRA-CYL LLC 2 1/4" Calipers. They were originally for the Jaguar MK 10 (big ) sedans and also Toyota Crowns of the late 60's early 70's. They give substantially better stopping power.
            Bill

Comment

Bill, are those calipers a "bolt on" or are modifications required?
              Also, since you are in Canada, do you know where they can be purchased in the US?
              Thanks.

Comment

Made right here in USA
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks Brad! I'll contact them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X