No announcement yet.

Manual fuel pump and general questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual fuel pump and general questions.

I have a 1928 cabriolet Studebaker President Eight and am need of advice and guidance as to whether to restore or just leave it alone. I am leaning towards leaving it alone since it is in good shape. It does need an interior and new top but, the body is very good with no rust. If you have any thought I would appreciate it. I am also looking for some parts and mechanical advise.

1. I need a manual fuel pump. Someone put an electric one on it. I want to keep it original.
    2. Who does hex chrome plating? My chrome may not polish out.
    3. Where to get new tires?
    4. Is there anyone in Cincinnati OH that works on this old of cars and engines? The must appreciate antique cars.
    5. Who is a good interior and top man to replace my interior back to the original condition?
    6. My car sits a little low and uneven. Should I have the leaf springs re-arched and if so is there any specs I should follow?
    7. I had a mishap on my lift and one of my running boards got cracked. Should I just glue and repair or replace? If I replace I don't want to hurt
    the originality or value of the car. Is there a certain wood to use?

Any help and all the advice will be appreciated.

e-mail CL65RJ@COMCAST.NET

I'm sure you will get some help here, but you also might consider posting your questions on the web site of the Antique Studebaker Club, which focuses on pre-War Studebakers.

Skip Lackie

Comment

One thing you might want to consider is joining a local chapter of the Antique Studebaker Club, Studebaker Drivers Club or an AACA chapter. You'll probably get some good advice regarding good mechanics who like to work on vintage autos.
      Best of luck.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
      X