X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race report

'Here 'tis:

Woo-hoo! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Always good to see some Stude whoop-ass released during this race. Congrats to all! Thanks Bob for the report, posted in record time itself. junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Good to see that even the Studes that lost kept the other drivers worried. Thanks for the report.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Great report, great pictures Bob...thanks so much ! The time Karen beat a 396 Chevelle in HER Avanti at Union Hill in Nashville, Tn. is one of our favorite memories of our years with the car ! Thanks again, John

Comment

Congratulations to all...with special congrats to our Canadian guys.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Thanks Bob! A great event for IDYSD!
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
              Thanks Bob! A great event for IDYSD!
              That's what Dave Warren thought with his '55 at the event, Pat....only he changed the wording on the sign on his windshield while in the staging lanes (note the PARTICIPANT tag hanging inside on the R/v mirror):

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Fabulous! Thanks Bob for the great coverage-look forward to the extensive coverage as usual in Turning Wheels. The posting to you by SilverhawkDan sums up everything.
                Bill

Comment

Another great report Bob! I hope to get up there in the near future years, maybe even to be a "participant". It looks like soooooo much fun. Thanks again for your efforts, Bill Van Alstyne.

Comment

Bob,

Great story as usual.

So are those jackets people are wearing?
                    I heard about them, but it was 106 over the weekend in Phx and I don't think any sane person was wearing one here.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                      Bob,

Great story as usual.

So are those jackets people are wearing?
                      I heard about them, but it was 106 over the weekend in Phx and I don't think any sane person was wearing one here.

Most of Saturday was cloudy and overcast, Seb, but the sun broke through several times.

I'm not sure the ambient temperature got to 60 degrees; I kind of doubt it. However, when the breeze died down and the sun came out, it seemed warmer than that. BP

Comment

Great report, Bob. That IDYSD sign was a present from another Stude enthusiast who showed up to cheer us on. He's putting a 55 President Coupe back on the road and wanted some inspiration. People like that inspire us all.
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Your intrepid reporter on assignment :

Thanks to Ed George for the transportation loan; much appreciated. BP

Comment

LOL...and the burgers and corn and salads and..... watching Jane Doe for me while the old Studebaker went down the track! They allowed her in the motor home so she wouldn't slip her collar and try to catch the Stude.
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                              Your intrepid reporter on assignment :

Thanks to Ed George for the transportation loan; much appreciated. BP
                              Perfect bike with an original OE Candy Green Racing Stripe Banana Seat and the rear Slick..

Ed was one luck kid to wake up with that under the tree (Christmas Tree, not Starting Tree)..

Comment

Working...
                              X