new wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wheel

Here's the new steering wheel in the car. I love the look. I know it's not a Studebaker wheel but I like it better than the original wheel. That's a hood ornament in the horn button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1744695
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Jon, that looks superb ! Great choice, and a great idea about the hood ornament ! Dennis Gage will like it even better next show he see's it in I bet, ha !

Comment

Looks good. What's one more modification more or less.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
        I know it's not a Studebaker wheel but I like it better than the original wheel.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]37758[/ATTACH]
        that's schweeet....love it that (to the casual observer)it looks stock, but it's not. junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Original or not: that's GOOD taste!!!

Comment

It's a Packard wheel. At least I kept it in the family. Also if you notice the Studebaker brake pedal is not correct for 1951. I liked this one better too.
            Jon Stalnaker
            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I do like what You've done.can you speak more on how You installed the hood badge into the horn button,and is that a master switch for power windows I see on the Driver's door ?
              Originally posted by Sdude View Post
              Here's the new steering wheel in the car. I love the look. I know it's not a Studebaker wheel but I like it better than the original wheel. That's a hood ornament in the horn button.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37758[/ATTACH]
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Loving it!
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Packard - that's close enough.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Very pretty! Love the chrome

Comment

Looks really nice to me.
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                        I do like what You've done.can you speak more on how You installed the hood badge into the horn button,and is that a master switch for power windows I see on the Driver's door ?
                        There are other threads on the forum about the build of this car and the steering wheel but I'll mention it again here so you don't have to look for it. The wheel was custom made by Quality Restorations Inc in Poway California. Check it out at www.qualityrestorations.com. Dennis makes the horn buttons and he can put anything in it that you want. I bought the hood ornament from SI and mailed it to Dennis. He took it from there and encased it in resin.

It's a beautiful wheel but Quality Restorations is not CASO friendly (if you know what I mean). I spent so dang much money on this car that a lesser woman would have left me years ago. And yes, you see a power window master switch on the door. There's not much that I didn't put on this car. Maybe I can drive it to St. Louis next year. That's the plan. That is if I have any money left for gas.
                        Jon Stalnaker
                        Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
                        X