no IDYSD for me...happy I drove the Stude today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no IDYSD for me...happy I drove the Stude today

Sadly my plans to drive the Stude to a local greaser-style car show in town were put to a halt thanks to last weeks crazy weather (huge snow storm that felled huge chunks of trees and left me without power for 37 hours). A large part of the willow tree behind the garage broke off and blocked the Stude from leaving the garage. I spent the day cutting down two of my neighbour`s maple trees and helping to cut and clear my other neighbour`s willow that was blocking the garage. Could have been way worse as I`m happy that the willow did not hit the garage, my trees are ok, and my power has been restored so I have heat back in my house...(there are still residents without power). Woke up early today, most of the remaining snow melted off my gravel (mostly mud) laneway, so fired up the Stude, crawled at idle through the muck, hit the pavement, rolled down the window, cranked up the climatizer and went west on the highway to view the snow-capped mountains. Nice ride all in all, and best thing about the cool morning air is there are no bug splats on the car, and the engine temp never once wavered over 180 degrees, even when I got back to the city and into moderate traffic. Hope you all had a great IDYSD! cheers, junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Does Canada salt the roads?

Comment

OH Yeh. They even spray calcium chloride down during sub zero winter temps. You have to drive expendable band x's in winter.
      Bill

Comment

yes, but the roads are dry today...evidence of sand on the highway, but no 'salt stains' that I could see, still some piles of snow at intersections indicating that the plows were out at some point, probably last wed. I know, hard to believe but true. cheers, junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
        X