Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get the hood open on a '63 Avanti??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: How do I get the hood open on a '63 Avanti??

I need to open the hood on a '63 Avanti and the cable release is stuck. Is there a way to reach the latch(s) or connecting rod so I can open the hood?
    Thanks!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

In the inner panel assembly on both sides is a rubber plug (or least should be). Remove the plugs, insert a small screwdriver through the opening against the opening lever and press the screwdriver and lever towards the center of the car. That should release the locks.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Thanks Bruce, I'll try it.
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

Let us know if it works..... I have been going to try it, but keep forgetting when I have the chance.

Comment

It may be a few days, but I WILL post my results.

Comment

Working...
          X