Tip of the hat to Ed Reynolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the hat to Ed Reynolds

I just got my 2014 catalog. I must say it is another class act.

I quickly skimmed it and was amazing to find new items including a lot of TRIM that use to be NLA.

Without Ed's efforts a lot of this inventory may have been lost forever.

What I always find amazing at swap meets is when I go to buy a part and the vendor says, "Just a minute, let me check the SI catalog".

We (notice I include myself) whine about the higher prices, but 1) we can still get the parts 2) Have you checked prices for other makes recently, they are sure not staying stagnate.

I do believe that the SI catalog is the "Bible of the Parts Vendors" and there is nothing wrong with that at all and I do not want to make any religious tones here.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

And there You have it.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Look forward to getting my copy.
      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
      Fort Worth, TX

Comment

I'll be waiting everyday at the mailbox looking for the catalog!

maybe we should use this thread as to when we get ours - similar to what Mr. Chapman is doing with TW issues.

i'm not sure how it works to get one, but i think since i purchased products in the last catalog (and before that) hopefully, i'll get one!

you're right, it is a Studebaker "parts" bible!!!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Absolutely, Milt. What an incredible tome! to Ed.

Idea: Sprinkled throughout the catalog are various members' Studebakers. Why not use your thread, here, Milt, to have members post the Page on which their car appears if they find it in the catalog? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post

maybe we should use this thread as to when we get ours - similar to what Mr. Chapman is doing with TW issues.
            I'm still waiting on mine!!

Oh, wait a minute....
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
              And there You have it.
              No, actually I do NOT have it--- YET!!!

But seriously~
              Thanks to Ed for saving these parts, and to his staff for taking the time to inventory it.
              You are a HUGE asset to our hobby and should be commended for your efforts.

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Idea: Sprinkled throughout the catalog are various members' Studebakers. Why not use your thread, here, Milt, to have members post the Page on which their car appears if they find it in the catalog? BP

That is a good idea, if your car is in the catalog lets hear from you
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I can start the picture up date my Clipper and my brothers President are on page 167. We are lucky as we got true color pictures as our cars are black and black and white. If you could look close you would see lots of Studebaker international parts on or in both cars. Still looking at new catalog for things I don't need just like when I was little looking at Sears Christmas catalog. The picture of both of our cars was at Gettsyberg
                  Last edited by acolds; 09-12-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                    I'm still waiting on mine!!

Oh, wait a minute....
                    Well...since you work there...how 'bout sending me yours...you don't need the clutter, and I am apparently not on the mailing list.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Got mine today, Thanks Ed, BTW, can you guys imagine what it must cost to 1: put the catalog together, 2: print it, 3: mail it out out everybody!
                      YIKES! Not for the faint of heart!!

Thanks Ed

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

Am I the first to notice the extensive use of color in the new catalog?

WOW.

Comment

I'm uncertain as to what the purchase requirements are to receive an SI catalog. Maybe Chris can advise. I think I've spent over $100 this year. I sure would like to have one.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I haven't got mine yet. I have spent a lot of coin the last few years so hopefully I'm on the list but if not I have no problem paying for a copy. A small price to pay to benefit from Ed and crew's hard work. Thanks Ed for the continued support to our hobby!

Comment

Should I check to see if they have a 52 beltline trim?

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                              X