Trim strips; '64 T-cab Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim strips; '64 T-cab Champ

The '64 Champ t-cab, which many know is a Lark from the rear window forward, had trim strips that wrapped around the fender. I'd like to put some on my Champ.

The trim was only available the T6, or Deluxe, model. If yours doesn't have them, you have a base model which does not have the mounting holes in the fender. Maybe someone can shed more light on this.
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

RSykes
      They would look nice if you had them. Yes T 6's had them. They are different from the Larks though-the trucks ended with a taper just before the door edge.
      Rob in PA.

Comment

I have some N.O.S. 1962-64 Champ front fender mouldings if needed.

Chris
        STUDEBAKER of AUSTRALIA

Comment

Chris - Are they the same as was used on all '62-63 Lark types, or do they have the pointed aft end as did the 1960 T6 Champs? RSykes, if you do go to these mouldings on your Champ, I have some T6 body tags if you wanted to change it out to match the trim. Unlike car tags, the Champ tags didn't have a sequence number on them.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

First time I've posted here in months, but saw this and thought I'd respond.

Bob K., all Champs had the pointy-end fender spears. I once took a Lark fender molding and reshaped the end so it'd be correct for a Champ. I think that was for one of Ted Jensen's trucks.

Anyway, in the new Studebaker International catalog, there are 12 pages of nothing but NOS stainless side moldings. If I counted right, they have moldings shown for 92 different models/body styles/trim levels. While Champ trucks aren't shown, it might be worth a phone call to see if they have them in stock. I'd bet they do.

RSykes, I MIGHT have a pair of used ones you could have for the cost of mailing. I've gotten rid of almost all of my Stude stainless parts but still have a handful of things still kicking around. And to think, that just a couple of years ago I had 2-3000 pieces..

After seeing Ed's new catalog, I'm glad that I decided to get out of restoring Stude stainless trim. With so much now available NOS (and so reasonably priced), there's no way anyone is going to have their old stuff refinished.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              First time I've posted here in months, ...
              Since January 28 to be exact. Welcome back, my friend. We've missed you !
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Chris - Are they the same as was used on all '62-63 Lark types, or do they have the pointed aft end as did the 1960 T6 Champs? RSykes, if you do go to these mouldings on your Champ, I have some T6 body tags if you wanted to change it out to match the trim. Unlike car tags, the Champ tags didn't have a sequence number on them.
                Yes, the moulds we have do have the pointed end at the rear tip.

Chris.

Comment

If you have them, I'll pay the mailing. Let me know at aresykes@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Comment

Roscomacaw,

I don't know what body tags are.

Help?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RSykes View Post
                      Roscomacaw,

I don't know what body tags are.

Help?

Thanks
                      The body tag is on the passenger side of the cowl under the hood, and will say something like 8E-T4. T4 would have been the base model trim, while T6 would have been deluxe.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                      X