3-point seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-point seat belts

It's been suggested to me to install 3-point seat belts for added safety. I have a '56 Sky Hawk which of course is pillarless. How can I do this with out ruining the authenticity of my car?
    peter lee

Do a search on this forum and find many references to install Sebring seats which have a built in seat belt.
    To stay original with a "K" body seems impossible.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

If I understand the rules...any item that is installed for "SAFETY"...can not be judged against you. That should go for turn signals, safety belts, disc brakes, high (back windshield) brake light, and in my opinion, non-cloth electrical wiring for older cars. I know that vintage looking cloth wiring is available with modern insulation under the woven material, but, even then, it is non-authentic. So why should the poor back-yard restorer be penalized for not mortgaging the house for "the look?" (Last comment purely a personal observation 'cause I built my own wiring harness. No ill will toward you folks who dropped big bucks on a "pretty" one.)

As for three point belts on a pillarless car...research modern convertibles, there should be some inspiration and concepts to make it work.
      Last edited by jclary; 09-09-2014, 04:42 PM.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

You might contact Julianos Street Rods. I have gotten three point seat belts from them and although they require a "post" they may be able to direct you to a solution to your problem. Contact them at their "Seat Belt Store" here http://www.seatbeltstore.com/
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
        X