Any input 1963 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any input 1963 Hawk

It looks like a 64 grill trim? Don't really know Hawks but some things look different from the 63's I've seen.

Anyone know what is what?

Len.

some one has installed the64 hawk emblem on the grille , nothing special.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Yes Len, it has the 64 grille mesh but the grille shell looks right. It also appears to be an early 63 using the chrome dash bezel on the glove box & radio, as do the early style parking lamps. It also appears to have the R series water manifold so it may possibly be an R-1. It has the correct deck lid finish panel but the emblem on top has an incorrect insert as is the missing red/white/blue chevrons on the doors. It has the power brake Hydraboost & the remote reservoir too so there is a good chance it has disc brakes too. if you get it I'll drive out there with you to pick it up!
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'm not considering it but just curious.

Len.

Comment

Looks like it has a JT? motor, judging from the R style fuel filter, chrome valve covers, black paint etc. Would be interesting to see what the VIN & engine numbers are...

Comment

Indeed; it was probably an original R2 car; note the R2 water pump manifold! Hydrovac and remote-fill brake fluid reservoir probably authenticate disc brakes as well. This could be an early factory R2/4-speed car with fender tags!

I looked all through the listing to try to find a Serial Number, but it doesn't seem to be there. Photo of the driver door hinge post is a little low to catch any part of the Serial Number plate. If anyone wants to call the seller and get the Serial Number, we can determine if it is a factory R2/4-speed car, and it may well be. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow, that r2 water manifold is, in my mind one of the most valuable and sought after Stude pieces there is!

I can't tell from the pictures, but does the car have the special JT crank damper? Certainly an interesting car.
              Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
              \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Has an R-oil pan on it too.

Comment

It's being offered for $13,900 or close offer on their website:

Company is out of Flagstaff.
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota
                  1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
                  "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                    Wow, that r2 water manifold is, in my mind one of the most valuable and sought after Stude pieces there is!

I can't tell from the pictures, but does the car have the special JT crank damper? Certainly an interesting car.
                    Yes, it does..

9K is his reserve.. I'm digging in my pockets, but pulling lint.. Might actually be in Flag this weekend. Interesting to go look at it.

Comment

If this is in fact an R2/4-speed, what would be the estimated cost to replace the items missing from the engine compartment? (supercharger, damper, bonnet, air filter housing, etc...)
                      Andy
                      62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                        If this is in fact an R2/4-speed, what would be the estimated cost to replace the items missing from the engine compartment? (supercharger, damper, bonnet, air filter housing, etc...)
                        You will need a carb too. I am also working on the assumption that the engine internals are still intact (ex: R-series cam). I would figure at least couple grand on the open market for everything (working blower, carb, air cleaner bonnet, hoses, clamps, blower cradle, etc). As I mentioned, the water manifold, in my mind, if the hardest part to find when assembling a supercharger set-up. It would be interesting to know if there are any extra parts included with the car. Hopefully , someone can get the serial number so some of these questions can be answered.
                        Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                        \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

The engine number is P94865, I also was intrigued by the valve covers and 4 speed, but looking at ALL the pictures you can clearly see a 120mph speedometer. the seller restores Toyota Land Crusiers and asked me if I want to make a "serious offer". Not for me........ it was an original gold car and has been repainted green. Think before you bid....... 25000+ miles and it has been repainted?????????

I'm in the serious search for a "R2" GT maybe an Avanti R2 or a special wagon (V8,not a 55, and has to have a Stude motor) wife would love a 2 door "play wagon", think she might be reliving her teenage days............ Any leads are appreciated.....
                          It is an addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            Indeed; it was probably an original R2 car; note the R2 water pump manifold! Hydrovac and remote-fill brake fluid reservoir probably authenticate disc brakes as well. This could be an early factory R2/4-speed car with fender tags!

I looked all through the listing to try to find a Serial Number, but it doesn't seem to be there. Photo of the driver door hinge post is a little low to catch any part of the Serial Number plate. If anyone wants to call the seller and get the Serial Number, we can determine if it is a factory R2/4-speed car, and it may well be. BP
                            Bob,

I called the seller, as did 10 others asking for the VIN. I haven't gotten it yet and I think he knows its more than just a 4 speed car now..

You missed the slightly higher Alternator bracket, the smaller diameter R2 water pump pulley and the thermal fan clutch....

All R2 goodies.. Not going to speculate on the dual point distributor.

Originally posted by 2R2 View Post
                            You will need a carb too. I am also working on the assumption that the engine internals are still intact (ex: R-series cam). I would figure at least couple grand on the open market for everything (working blower, carb, air cleaner bonnet, hoses, clamps, blower cradle, etc). As I mentioned, the water manifold, in my mind, if the hardest part to find when assembling a supercharger set-up. It would be interesting to know if there are any extra parts included with the car. Hopefully , someone can get the serial number so some of these questions can be answered.
                            Carb is there.. That is a Studebaker AFB.. The R2 tag is possibly hidden by the air cleaner..

Yes, there is the Tag..

So scratch the Carb from your list but add the SC crank pulley..

I'm assuming he boast about the 4bbl carb that he has seen the tag.

Originally posted by jbwhttail View Post
                            The engine number is P94865, I also was intrigued by the valve covers and 4 speed, but looking at ALL the pictures you can clearly see a 120mph speedometer. the seller restores Toyota Land Crusiers and asked me if I want to make a "serious offer". Not for me........ it was an original gold car and has been repainted green. Think before you bid....... 25000+ miles and it has been repainted?????????

I'm in the serious search for a "R2" GT maybe an Avanti R2 or a special wagon (V8,not a 55, and has to have a Stude motor) wife would love a 2 door "play wagon", think she might be reliving her teenage days............ Any leads are appreciated.....
                            A P block but with R2 guts in an original R2/4 speed GT? Not interested? Good poker stare.

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                            some one has installed the64 hawk emblem on the grille , nothing special.
                            An even better poker stare..
                            Last edited by SScopelli; 09-09-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Here is the picture of engine number...........[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jbwhttail/media/IMG_3780_zpsf63742ac.jpg.html]

Have fun, it IS NOT a JT car!
                              Last edited by jbwhttail; 09-09-2014, 05:24 PM. Reason: bad link
                              It is an addiction!

Comment

Working...
                              X