C/k rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/k rear window

Ready to install the rear window in my resto project and found it to have a lot of scratches. Has anyone tried Eastwoods glass scratch remover? They say the new glass comes from Peru and is cut larger than the opening. Don"t know which way to go with it. Anybody dealt with this before?

I had Frosty's windshield polished by a professional glass shop. I asked to have the back glass polished also. They told me they could not polish tempered glass. You results may vary.

Originally posted by Jim Freed View Post
    Ready to install the rear window in my resto project and found it to have a lot of scratches. Has anyone tried Eastwoods glass scratch remover? They say the new glass comes from Peru and is cut larger than the opening. Don"t know which way to go with it. Anybody dealt with this before?
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Instead of hearsay, contact Studebaker Glass and ask them to guarantee it is not oversized at: http://studebakerglass.com/index.php...age=contact_us

Here is the product.

Comment

I have used Eastwood's glass scratch remover on windshields and had mixed results. If you can feel the scratches with your finger nail you will be wasting your time, the instructions even tell you that. Even when polishing out minor wiper scratches when finished the area around it you did not polish will look different. It is a lot of work with little return in my opinion. Your results may vary.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

mmagic I see you're doing a similar project did you use your original glass? Thanks for the step by step on installation.I have contacted Studebaker Glass thanks Jim

Comment

Working...
          X