Truett cathy stude lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truett cathy stude lover

Here is a picture of the Studebaker Dad sold to Truett. 23000 Original miles
    featured in the Atlanta Journal - this is the Detweiller car he bought out of Austin Tx that was "NEW" all over,(pictured in Turning Wheels years ago)
    Mr Cathy paid in excess $ 12,000. over 8 years ago! (for a 4 door!) Mr Cathy was a very informed buyer that did his background & had research done on the car before purchasing. (a month long process.)
    here's a link to the newspaper About Mr Cathy's death & yes I know for a fact that he & his assistant drove the Daytona to the Chick Fil A headquarters more than once, also there is an Avanti in his collection, BUT not of the quality of the Daytona.

I didn't know until now that he'd passed. A good man.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
      I didn't know until now that he'd passed. A good man.
      I agree, showbiz. Also, this gives testimony to the subject of a discussion I had with fellow SDC members this weekend. How, we don't truly "OWN" these cars, but are mere "caretakers" for a time. At this weekend's meet, it was not unusual, as we discuss certain cars...the work of past owners and associated stories were shared. From the little I know of Mr. Cathy, probably no one knew this more than he.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

RIP, Mr. Kathy. Your humble composure and acknowledgement of / respect for Your Creator are rare qualities in the business world today. The world is a tad dimmer without you. BP
        Last edited by BobPalma; 09-08-2014, 06:45 PM. Reason: corrected name! (thanks, Bob)
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Mr. Sandy??

Got to love a guy who knew how to work, knew what is right, and did all things unto the Lord- in spite of and unaffected by naysayers and the wrong.

Well done, Truett Kathy.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            RIP, Mr. Kathy. Your humble composure and acknowledgement of / respect for Your Creator are rare qualities in the business world today. The world is a tad dimmer without you. BP
            Interesting comment in "LIGHT" of what I saw tonight. There is a Chick-Fil-A across the highway from Lowes. As my wife and I were leaving Lowes tonight, she pointed out that the Chick Fil-A sign was not lit up. She commented that, "perhaps they were to sad to turn on the lights."
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
            X