Help! 59 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! 59 pickup

I was passed on a matching numbers 59 pickup from my great grandfather (who bought it new) trucks not in terrible shape but I want to convert it to disc brakes what's the best fit front end everyone has had luck with.... Nova, chevelle, camaro/transam etc thanks in advance

Originally posted by Squeen12 View Post
    I was passed on a matching numbers 59 pickup from my great grandfather (who bought it new) trucks not in terrible shape but I want to convert it to disc brakes what's the best fit front end everyone has had luck with.... Nova, chevelle, camaro/transam etc thanks in advance
    None of the above!

You didn't indicate whether you have a 1/2t or 3/4t, but Jim Turner, one of our fine Stude vendors, has a disc brake kit for the 1/2t and soon will have the 3/4t kit available.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Thanks any idea on the cost also does anyone have a windshield to sale

Comment

Originally posted by Squeen12 View Post
        Hey Skyler, welcome to the forum. I live in Greenville county, (north of Greer). Was your Great Grandfather a brick mason? Did he live on White Horse Road? Many years ago, I met a wonderful fella who had a green (later model than mine) Studebaker C-cab truck. If I recall correctly, it may have been a long bed. It was obvious that he really used the truck as a work vehicle. Each time I would ride by, I would look in the back yard to see if the truck was still there. I think I recall reading the obituary in the paper when he passed on. I always wanted to follow up and see if the truck could be bought, but I have never felt comfortable approaching a grieving family about such things.

Through the years, I have forgotten exactly where that house was, but the memory of our encounters pops into my mind from time to time. Regardless, I have had my Studebaker truck for forty years. I would be happy to assist you in getting your truck where you want it. If this is the same truck I remember, I'm relieved to find that it still survives. Before you spend a ton of money making changes, lets do an evaluation of where it is now, and perhaps we can put you on an enjoyable path to restoring/upgrading the truck without emptying your bank account. If you'd like, send me a private message through this forum and we can exchange contact information.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The Turner brake kit on my 55 went on easily, as advertised, and works well.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Skyler!

Here is Jim's Website:

http://www.turnerbrake.com/

You will find Jim and many other fine SDC Member Stude. Parts suppliers when you join SDC and begin receiving our excellent Monthly Publication, "Turning Wheels".

The 1959 was the last year for the "C" Cab Trucks in 1/2 and 3/4 Tons, from '60 to '64 they were replaced by the Champ Pickups.

1959 was the only year that the normally optional 289 Engine was Standard equipment in all V8 Trucks.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 09-08-2014, 09:33 AM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Jerry yes it's the same truck my great grandfather bough it new and passed to to my grandfather who have it to me when I was young I'm just getting old enough and financially able to begin restoring it send me a pm I haven't completly figured out this sight yet

Comment

Skyler, private message sent, check your "notifications" at the top of the page.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Brickmasons and Studebakers...Who would have Thought...
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                    Brickmasons and Studebakers...Who would have Thought...
                    Hey you old "Mudslinger"...missed you at the Tri-State meet this weekend.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Lucky fellow! That's arguably one of the best years for Studebaker trucks! One of my favourites anyway! Soon as you figure this venue out, post some pictures of it, please!
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                      X