• "1952-54:STUDEBAKER/BUICK SLED- COUPE"..."1930'S SPACESHIP" in St Louis

Looks like I'm becoming the king of finding oddities:

Click image for larger version

Name:	00E0E_gW8MyHNNHbH.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1744647

I really am rendered speechless!

Phillip, just saw this watchamacallit this morning, it is butt ugly for sure.

Mark

Comment

I think Raymond Loewy designed that!

Comment

I wonder if this is the result of someone's vision, or just the result of whatever parts happened to be available. Very peculiar.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Considering it for what it is ( a Cusstom ), it's really not so bad. It's in the eye of the beholder as to whether or not this is a "vision" or the result of a head-on between the Stude an the Buick. Taking it as a cusstom tho, I can handle most of it except for those gawd-awful "bubble skirt/rear scoop" aberrations! Ya hafta wonder if they didn't remove the fronts of those rear fenders that high because that's how high the cancer was.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here is a big reason for our new generation NOT to use drugs.

Comment

WHOA! Real vent-a-ports.

Comment

He has been trying to sell this for some time now. A couple years ago it was on Craiglist with one buick rear fender and the other was still stock 52 Studebaker.
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

If it is still for sale next August, we will have to invite him to bring it to the 2015 SDC meet.
                  Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                  1961 Hawk 4-speed
                  1967 Avanti
                  1961 Lark 2 door
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Well, it does say "finish it your way". Some people never finish anything. I like to start slow...then taper off.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

You know, I think this car captures quite well the spirit of the more radical customs of the early '50's. And it looks like there is talented metal work there. Potentially a much better car than some that have (deservedly) been picked apart here.
                      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                        Considering it for what it is ( a Cusstom ), it's really not so bad. It's in the eye of the beholder as to whether or not this is a "vision" or the result of a head-on between the Stude an the Buick. Taking it as a cusstom tho, I can handle most of it except for those gawd-awful "bubble skirt/rear scoop" aberrations! Ya hafta wonder if they didn't remove the fronts of those rear fenders that high because that's how high the cancer was.
                        I was just thinking the same thing mate.
                        Its not a bad job of two door conversion and apart from a few obvious bits would be hard to pick to the untrained eye.
                        But it lost me with those gaudy "butt ugly" hubba bubble gum skirts! :-) and I wonder how much bog is in the rear of it too. Bog is what us Aussies call Bondo! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                        X