PDA

View Full Version : Just like Clint Eastwood's!

rockinhawk
09-07-2014, 06:15 PM
I drove the GT to town today,getting it limbered up for IDYSD next weekend.I came out of WalMart to find a young couple with a cute little boy about 8 or 9 admiring my car.
Little boy says"I like your car,Mister. It's COOL!"
I responded with a big smile and "Why,Thank you Sir,I appreciate that".
Pretty Young Mommy says"I told him,That's the kind of car Clint Eastwood drove."
My reply,"Well,His was a Grand Torino."
"Isn't that what this one is?"she asked.
"No, this is a Gran TurISmo" sez I.
Dad spoke up" I thought it said Gran Torino too."

I explained the torino was a Ford,and "This car is a STUDEBAKER." with pride.

"A STUDEBAKER!!" mommy almost squeeled with excitement."My Aunt always LOVED those cars!"

Kinda made my Day!

Colgate Studebaker
09-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Good story Neil. Hope to someday be able to do the same. Hope all is well with Y'all, Bill.

WayneXG95
09-07-2014, 07:24 PM
I get that "Grand Torino" crap in Australia as well..:lol:

alaipairod
09-07-2014, 08:04 PM
I get that "Grand Torino" crap in Australia as well..:lol:

Recently I entered my wife's M5 truck in a local show.
Everything was going fine until a middle aged couple came by.
As they were admiring the truck, the lady asked what make this truck was.
I proudly said it is a STUDEBAKER.......She replied, isn't that German?....You should be in the foreign car class!

bhapner
09-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Several years ago on a Sunday I was driving my oasis green '60 Lark regal HT around town. Monday a lady I worked with commented that she had seen me. She told me she really liked my Nash Rambler. She was pretty proud that she was able to identify the make.

christophe
09-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Same here. I'm seriously thinking of a bumper sticker which would say: "This is NOT a Gran Torino".

mike cenit
09-08-2014, 05:59 AM
Same here. I'm seriously thinking of a bumper sticker which would say: "This is NOT a Gran Torino".

I've got a 64 Marshall painted black and white and 3 out of 4 people at the Woodward cruze think it's straight out of Mayberry, and a Ford.

Mrs K Corbin
09-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Ya shoulda Arrested em......Marshal!

JBOYLE
09-08-2014, 10:33 AM
At a show Saturday, someone asked if my Avanti was Italian. :)

EssexExport
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
Amazing how many people speak of a relative or ten that loved & owned Studebakers. Makes you wonder if that many people did why the corporation isn't still producing cars.