Studebaker in the movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker in the movies

Our 1947 Champion has been used recently in two different movie shoots, one last month and one today. Both were done in an old warehouse in Fredericton, New Brunswick. The movies are of the film festival type, directed and made by individuals.

In the first, "Il Sole", the car was used just for a "through the windshield" shot of actors inside the car. Only a real expert could tell it is in a Studebaker rather than any other car of the era.

Today's movie is called "I Die Daily", and is set in 1947 in the fictional city of Elmsburg, Pennsylvania. It is a story of Russian gangsters who move to the United States after World War 2. Near the end of the movie, the car appears prominently in several scenes. While there is violence in the scenes, "no Studebakers were harmed in either movie".
    Bill Jarvis

That sounds like fun. Did you have to stay on site all day for the shoots? My brother got his 67 Fairlane convertible in a movie last year. It made it into a scene or two. I can't remember the movie.
    sals54

Comment

I was at the site for a little over 3 hours for "I Die Daily". With the Stude, it is about a 2-hour drive each way (110 miles) from my home to Fredericton, so with time for lunch, about an 8-hour day.
      Bill Jarvis

Comment

Sounds like you had a great time. I would love to have that opportunity, but my cars don't make the cut for stock looking vehicles.
        sals54

Comment

Working...
        X