1931 Studebaker Fire Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 Studebaker Fire Truck

I had a phone call from an older gentelman who is needing to sell his 1931 Studebaker fire truck. He says it is in good condition, it runs well, has 6,000 miles on it, and he has used it in parades and for special occasions. Family medical expenses force immediate sale. It was sold new in Wisconsin, he has the original bill of sale. (He has owned it for about 10 years). Does anyone know of anyone who may be interested in making a good offer? (he says he needs to sell immediately, and the next TW ad wouldn't be until November)
    Any ideas, please email me at the Turning Wheels address and I'll provide his phone number.
    Thanks!
    AT

For starters put it on the Studebakerswap.com page. Free listing and will get to alot of people. Plus pictures here would help as well. There maybe someone here that is interested.

Just my random thoughts.

Mark

Comment

There was a 1931 Studebaker fire engine here in Dutchess County. This was in the 1960s-1970s. It was part of a large collector car collection that was mostly (probably more than 50) 1955-1956 Packards. [As an aside - I saw a nice '55 Carribean convertible today.] I do not know where that fire engine went to (about that time). I think that it was in the 1980s that I went back to "check on" that collection. Everything was gone.

More to the point - I would suggest eBay with a low starting bid and a reserve that they can live with. This could get it sold in ten days. They could include a short removal time. EBay will get both Studebaker and fire engine collectors. A cross colector item is a big plus.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X