PDA

View Full Version : 1950 Champion Back up lights.

hexcarnut1
09-06-2014, 04:15 PM
Hi All:
Just bought a pair of back up lights for my '50 Champion Starlight. They look like new with super chrome and finned glass lenses. NOW, does anyone have a template for installing the lights. I have messed about with placing them but not sure just where...
Also i'm looking for a set, four, escutcheons for the inner handles on my car. Stude International says they have them but when I try ordering them they say not found. Spelling is OK.
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Frank S from Kansas :)

Corvanti
09-06-2014, 04:42 PM
here's a pic of the rear end of my '51. i'm not totally sure the placement is the same that is on a '50, but think so:

the escutcheon part# is: 289191X3. I see it in the Studebaker Int'l but escutcheon is spelled ESCUTHEONS online. :confused:

i'm sure other vendors here may have them or type in the part# online at Studebaker International.

hope this helps!:)

rockne10
09-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Frank,
If you explore the Studebaker Drivers Club home page you will find a link to "Resources" and a drop down menu to "Tech Tips". Immediately after "Stainless Restoration" is listed "SDC Studebaker Template Collection".
The SDC home page is a huge resource for those who wish to explore it. A quick link is supplied at the top of every forum page.
I'll help you out here with a quick link directly to the template source. http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/Studebakertemplates.htm

Bullet
09-06-2014, 09:52 PM
I know it is on the template page, because I got a template from there about 30 years ago when I installed the b/u lights on my 50 Champ.

Mark