Skytop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytop

I don't know if I mentioned it, but the "Left for Dead" horders yard in Milford DE has a skytop 4 door in it. He's only asking $300-350 (scrap prices) for it.
    Kenneth Smolecki

Ken, I've never heard that, "Left for Dead Horder's Yard" expression before.

I can kind of figure out what it might be, but don't know for sure. What is it, exactly?

Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think this might be the yard that had all the photos posted on the bulletin board at the Dover Meet. Lots of scrap metal Studebakers with some select good parts.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That's who it was, had chance to see it last month, I figured I would mention the more memorable model there.
        Kenneth Smolecki

Comment

Originally posted by KenS View Post
          That's who it was, had chance to see it last month, I figured I would mention the more memorable model there.
          So Ken, If you were there last month, what is the status of the rest of the iron? There were some late 50's sedans that would have had the rear sway bars. Judging by the pictures, and sitting on the ground I'm sure was not too kind to any of the chassis components.
          Jim
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Been eons since I've been to a place like that. What's the exact name of the joint or is that it?

Comment

If anyone is interested call Rob Massey, 302 684 4320, he has a life outside of this,he is getting rid of his uncle's horde for his Aunt. He is offering this stuff for sale to keep cars on the road, if he wanted to he can scrap them out right down the road. I think few are savable without drastic repairs. I just want to help out folks here.
              Kenneth Smolecki

Comment

Originally posted by KenS View Post
                If anyone is interested call Rob Massey, 302 684 4320, he has a life outside of this,he is getting rid of his uncle's horde for his Aunt. He is offering this stuff for sale to keep cars on the road, if he wanted to he can scrap them out right down the road. I think few are savable without drastic repairs. I just want to help out folks here.
                Thanks for posting the contact info Ken. For those of you who were not in Dover, this guy had a wall of photos on display trying to sell off a collection stored outdoors that has lots of good parts to be saved from the crusher.
                Jim

Comment

Was at Robs yard on Tue for parts off the 37 president, not much left. I salvaged some SS but that was about it. Things like the vertical rod to the side mount are completely gone, as in rusted away. The bottom half of the glove box gone and as was the instrument panel. I thought the bumper guards might be salvageable but bottoms were rusted off. The impossible to find V at the bottom of the grill surround was gone so I started digging, after an inch or so I found it, in perfect condition, kind of made the three hour trip worthwhile. Many sough after cars in same condition, like a sliding roof wagon, R2 Packard wagon, R2 Avanti and on and on. Didn't see much salvageable. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Jerry, do you recall seeing any Champ Trucks?
                    Jim

Comment

Jim While I didn't walk the whole way to the back, too depressing, I don't recall seeing any trucks. Give Rob a call, nice guy. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Working...
                      X