Fairborn axle video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairborn axle video

A while back I saw a video on installing the Fairborn axle conversion but for the life of me I can't find it now. Wondering if anyone else saw it and can tell me how to find it again. Tried Johnstones and you tube with no success.

Call Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker and ask him about the video and where to find it. 937 878 1576

Comment

I have not seen a video, but as mentioned in another thread, the steps are outlined in Oct 2012 TW.

Mark

Comment

Many thanks for the tips. I must have read the article in TW but forgot about it but then I can't remember what I had for breakfast anymore. Har -har. Anyway, read it again and it answers a lot of the questions I had. Thanks again. Going to call Phil tomorrow and get some prices.

Comment

I just ordered mine from Phil last week. $550, plus shipping. Also ordered the shim kit, which is returnable. After reading the posts here about axle failure, I did not want to take a chance. Studebakers West also sells a set, they are $450 as I remember.

Mark

Comment

Thanks, That's about what I expected to pay. I would guess they are fairly heavy so the shipping to Montana might make me pucker.

Comment

Mine to SoCal from Fairborn, with the shim kit was $630. They will buy back the shims I don't use.

Mark

Comment

I think I'll do it. Peace of mind and relief from the hub pulling when you need access to the brakes will be worth it. Let us know how the installation goes.

Comment

Will do. You do the same.

Mark

Comment

Just a shot in the dark here. I don't know what the "Fairborn" in your post means. The only connection I can make is that there is a member named Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker who supplies rear axle components and repair work. Phone (937) 286-4615 or stude6@yahoo.com.

Comment

That's the guy. He supplies the best flanged axle conversion kits on the market and numerous other Studebker parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X