PSMCDRs a week away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSMCDRs a week away.

Hope all the Stude pilots are coming. It's a really fun event, safe and the Studebaker crew are always so helpful. I'm hoping some older models show up so I can see what a pure stock Stude can do against cars of the same era. My car should be faster than last year (although there weren't any other 55s to have to beat). I'm using 373 gears this year instead of the 331s I ran last year. Hope to shave off a second or two. Bought a truck and renting a U-haul car trailer. Hoping for sunshine. If you love classic muscle cars, lots of noise and burning rubber come out on the 12th or 13th. The shoot-outs are Saturday, the 13th. Dogs are welcome, too! Click image for larger version

Name:	First day, getting ready for tech inspection at the drags 010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1744641
    Last edited by warrlaw1; 09-04-2014, 11:13 AM.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Maybe 1/2 second, we'll see. BTDT
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I know you can't count on it but the long range forecast looks pretty good as well
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Someday I'd like to be at the PSMCDR, but this year I hope to be in Branson, MO at the Orphan Car show. Good luck.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I saw this picture and it made me think of Ted checking out the new competition.
          Attached Files
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

LOL. Good one. He's a serious man. Joe and Allen and I will provide the comic relief.

Comment

Dave, I too switched from a 3.07 rear axle ratio to a 3.73. I ran a 14.1 last year with the 3.07 so this year I hope to be in the high 13's.

Peter

Comment

I see Fridays calling for showers now.... Hope this changes
                sigpic

Comment

Dave have fun and There is no way I can be there this year, as of right now I'am getting ready for my trip to Minnesota and leaving on the 14 th. say high to every one for me and by all means don't blow the thing up...Bob
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Thanks, Bob. This year I have a hauler and trailer, so at least I have a ride home. Hope your medical went OK. Good to hear from you, Peter. Since I installed the Turner brakes and the 3.73s, it's been a lot more fun to drive. Almost like a sports car, rather than a secretaries' Mustang. I'm watching the forecast, too, Bob (from Canada). I'll be driving like a bus driver until I get there. This Nissan V8 also has a tranny temp gauge and I'm curious how that'll perform. There is a "Tow Mode" button and I had to look it up to see what it actually does. Apparently it adjusts the shift to keep it in the lower gears longer (5spd auto). Should be a fun trip, rain or shine.

Comment

Does that mean your stopping at all railroad crossings , I hope the forcast changes to the better , I hope to drive the Champ but if its going to rain I may not . Not sure how you go but I always take exit 123 just west of Flint , head north to 57 , nice country driving across Michigans farm land.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm leaving Wednesday night if you want to ride with me, Bob. I could leave Thursday if that would be better. I still hafta phone the Half Moon motel and get them to prep a room. I cross over at Port Huron and follow a google map.

Comment

Thanks Dave but I won't be leaving till Friday morning . We have a room booked in Greensville for fri and sat. Should be there by about noon on Friday
                          sigpic

Comment

The old Dodge will be in the staging lanes........

Here's the weather forecast. Bring some warm layers for the mornings and gloves are a good idea too! Looks to be a high-horsepower producing 57 * degrees by race time! My kind of weather!!

Looks like a low of 36* Friday morning with a high of 56* and then it will warm up Saturday with a morning low of 37* and a high of 57*

I was popping 13.20's @ 102 a couple of weeks ago at a Test & Tune but I don't think I'm fast enough for a match-up with Ted. See you folks out there!!
                            Frank Remlinger
                            Detroit, Michigan
                            SDC# A004602R

Comment

Look for the Alegra motor home and my friends red 73 442 . We will be serving lunch Friday and Saturday for the Stude guys untill we run out of sweet corn and cheeseburgers. Friday night we have reserved a spot at Maxfields for dinner after 6pm . Have missed the last 2 years after many years of supporting the Stude effort so it will be good to be back ! Next year plan to bring one of our Studes ! Ed

Comment

Working...
                              X