Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Golden Hawk Walkaround.

Nicely done.

If that's the one I think it is (I remember the colors and dual quads), the owners/restorers are to be commended.

"Before" photographs displayed with the car in South Bend revealed it to be one of the worst ones you could have undertaken, but they did a nice job. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Those fins are the only ones I can remember on a Stude that our fins resemble.
      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Could argue that it is the original "Muscle Car", put the big V8 in a smaller body. Studebaker did it 8 years before Pontiac. I've always felt that the Hawk line, starting with the '53's, originated the pony car concept 10 years before Fords Mustang.

Comment

I wouldn't argue with what you say,opinions will vary though.
          Originally posted by StudegaryB View Post
          Could argue that it is the original "Muscle Car", put the big V8 in a smaller body. Studebaker did it 8 years before Pontiac. I've always felt that the Hawk line, starting with the '53's, originated the pony car concept 10 years before Fords Mustang.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
          X