Interior Door and Rear quarter panels - 64 Daytona Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Door and Rear quarter panels - 64 Daytona Hardtop

I am looking for a set of interior panels for a 64 Daytona Hardtop in green. Would like NOS or excellent used. Last thing needed to finish restoration. I know they are hard, if not impossible to find and will be priced accordingly but if you don't ask - you don't get! Any help would be appreciated. I am in New Zealand but the panels would only need shipping within the USA. George.

Have you contacted Starlight Studebaker? http://starlightstude.wordpress.com/

If anyone might have what you need it's them. Be patient though. this is a sideline for them as they are teachers & school just started so I'm sure their busy with their regular job.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yes I have asked Will - I got the new interior from him but he did not have any door panels. Gave me a couple of leads to chase up but unfortunately no luck. They are certainly nice people to deal with - very helpful.

Comment

George, you know Rene has the dialect mouldings to make the door panels and I am pretty sure the material is available.
        I had 5 sets made up last year from another place but it took 14 months. Nice job though at the end of the trauma!
        Brian Greenall
        Melbourne, OZ
        sigpic

Comment

I also have a 64 Daytona hardtop with a green interior, and at one time also owned a 64 convertible with the same interior. During the 1997 South Bend meet (yes, 18 years ago), Dennis Lambert allowed me to search the upper floors of the Newman & Altman buildings for 64 green interior parts. I was able to assemble quite a bit of stuff, including some door panels that were mis-labeled by the factory with the wrong X suffix (ie, the wrong color). One discovery that I found interesting was a pile of door panel and rear quarter panel covers -- that is, the vinyl covers without the cardboard backing. These were left over from the supplier's production line, were not boxed, and did not have part numbers. Dennis was aware of their existence, but still had enough fully assembled panels in stock (and demand was so low) that he didn't need to try to sell them. Besides, inventory control (always a problem at N&A anyway) was difficult without part numbers on them. He had bigger inventory control problems that needed attention.

I know that when N&A closed, some of the interior parts were purchased by Stude Intl, but most went elsewhere. I do not know where the door panels and interior rear quarter panels went. It's possible that stuff like this without part numbers have been relegated to a "too hard" pile that will never be inventoried. Maybe somebody knows where this stuff went -- my guess would be that they went with the big rolls of left-over vinyl material. If their destiny could be found, maybe somebody there could see if they still exist. Then all you would need would be the cardboard backing sheets and some glue.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Geo. I have a set of green hardtop panels in nice used but I think they are for 63 I will pull them out and send you some pictures this week end, this AM I will be in the hospital getting a stent installed so I will feel better to deal with all the Studebaker crap I still have....Bob
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Good luck, Bob. I had one installed to get the pulse back in my legs. They are making it easier.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

George, I have an NOS green passenger side door panel if you are interested. Send me a PM with your email and we can talk about it. Jeff

Comment

Dave, home now and every thing went good , should be good for another 20 years now.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Working...
                  X