N.O.S. tail pipe "comparison question"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N.O.S. tail pipe "comparison question"

Being that I don't have any Champ truck tail pipes at my finger tips.does any one know for certain,if a Lark tail pipe has the same/or enough available "up and down" clearance over the rear axle as a Champ pipe ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
    Being that I don't have any Champ truck tail pipes at my finger tips.does any one know for certain,if a Lark tail pipe has the same/or enough available "up and down" clearance over the rear axle as a Champ pipe ?
    Don't think the Lark is going to work - dealing with two completely different frames and I believe the majority of the car tailpipes (except a wagon) are all going to exit straight out the back. Believe majority of trucks exited behind the rear tire so as to avoid the rear hanging spare.

If I am wrong, someone will correct me.

Comment

Patrick, I'm not really concerned about where it exits,I'm planning to use various pipes to make make up a duel system for My long bed Champ. I really was wondering about just the portion of a Lark tail pipe that goes over the rear end,would it make the cut ?
      Originally posted by 62champ View Post
      Don't think the Lark is going to work - dealing with two completely different frames and I believe the majority of the car tailpipes (except a wagon) are all going to exit straight out the back. Believe majority of trucks exited behind the rear tire so as to avoid the rear hanging spare.

If I am wrong, someone will correct me.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Going over the rear might not be a problem - distance from that point to the rear of the body might be longer on the truck - good luck.

Comment

Best thing to do is have the muffler shop make up the pipe to fit especially if your intending on a DUAL system. The one problem with a DUAL system is the left side being where the gas tank takes up so much room. The shop may recommend the left bank pipe cross under & run parallel with the right. that could work well being mufflers are available with DUAL inlets in one muffler. Then the 2 pipes could exit together, unless you don't want that & challenge the muffler shop to a duel!
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I may run the pipes down along the outside of the frame rails,gonna get underneath and check out my options.
            Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
            Best thing to do is have the muffler shop make up the pipe to fit especially if your intending on a DUAL system. The one problem with a DUAL system is the left side being where the gas tank takes up so much room. The shop may recommend the left bank pipe cross under & run parallel with the right. that could work well being mufflers are available with DUAL inlets in one muffler. Then the 2 pipes could exit together, unless you don't want that & challenge the muffler shop to a duel!
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
            X