Need a set of Rear Brake Backing Plates for a 1950 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a set of Rear Brake Backing Plates for a 1950 Champion

Does anyone have a set of Rear Brake Backing Plates for a 1950 Champion or know where to look?

Thanks!

Rob

This may not be what you want to hear but, if you had 50 years plus experience with Studebakers like I have, you would think like I do, and get rid of these '47 to '53 Type Lockheed Brakes, and never look back.

I was just thinking, depending on how deep you are already into this brake rebuild you may want to look for either a Champion or Commander, Lark 6 or V8 or whatever, 1954 to 1966 complete brake system with standard Star Wheel Adjusters instead of trying to repair that one.

I understand that the complexity or cost may be too much for you, but I just have to tell you the best way to do it before you go too deep with that rebuild, IF it is not too late.

Yes you can find the backing plates, here and on other SDC mediums like the wanted ads in Turning Wheels or the Studebaker Swap page on line, but you could even easier find a later system someone no longer needs.

Good luck getting your '50 Champion back on the Road.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-29-2014, 09:30 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a hole set of breaks from my 52 champion Im looking to get rid of. backing plates and all.
      I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
      sigpic
      I'll Tattoo you anytime!
      And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
      Crazy Lady Ink
      Shakopee Mn.
      952-445-3281
      27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        This may not be what you want to hear but, if you had 50 years plus experience with Studebakers like I have, you would think like I do, and get rid of these '47 to '53 Type Lockheed Brakes, and never look back.

I was just thinking, depending on how deep you are already into this brake rebuild you may want to look for either a Champion or Commander, Lark 6 or V8 or whatever, 1954 to 1966 complete brake system with standard Star Wheel Adjusters instead of trying to repair that one.

I understand that the complexity or cost may be too much for you, but I just have to tell you the best way to do it before you go too deep with that rebuild, IF it is not too late.

Yes you can find the backing plates, here and on other SDC mediums like the wanted ads in Turning Wheels or the Studebaker Swap page on line, but you could even easier find a later system someone no longer needs.

Good luck getting your '50 Champion back on the Road.
        You are right but I'm afraid I enjoy keeping the car as correct as possible (I'm one of THOSE people). I appreciate the leads to other Studebaker sites!

Good luck with your projects!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Edsel G. Tattooer View Post
          I have a hole set of breaks from my 52 champion Im looking to get rid of. backing plates and all.
          I'm looking for just the backing plates. I don't know if you're interested in breaking up the set. I also need to research which years are interchangeable. Let me know and I'll do some research.

Comment

I have the rear plates for a 1950 Champion. call me. I am located near Placerville ca.

Comment

I sure can let me know if you want them.
              I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
              sigpic
              I'll Tattoo you anytime!
              And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
              Crazy Lady Ink
              Shakopee Mn.
              952-445-3281
              27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

Working...
              X