At last, cup holders for my Hawk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last, cup holders for my Hawk!

Before I put the 5-speed floor shift in my Hawk I had a cup holder thing that sat on the hump. The floor shift left me with no way to carry a cup of joe. I finally found this cup holder/arm rest "console" for a bench seat on the Internet that is slicker than snot on a doorknob. And, the "dark red" color turned out to be a near perfect match to my vinyl trim.

sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

That looks great Bob. Does the internet vendor have more of them for sale?
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Someone is producing them. I saw them at the Daytona Rod Run. They look great. but I was in a GT.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        That looks great Bob. Does the internet vendor have more of them for sale?
        Yep, in about 20 different colors. Looks to be very substantial. Don't recall the vendor name but when I get back home I will post a link.
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

according to the ad in the current issue of STREET RODDER magazine (p51) the vendor is cupholdersplus at www.cupholdersplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by bhapner View Post
            according to the ad in the current issue of STREET RODDER magazine (p51) the vendor is cupholdersplus at www.cupholdersplus.com
            That's not the vendor I used but that is the same product. I bought the "shorty" model. $99 with free shipping. Kinda pricey but better than having a cup of 200 degree Mc Donald's coffee sitting between my legs while I am trying to shift!
            sigpic
            Bob Shaw
            Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

Yea Bob but then you could sue Mc Donalds for the burns on the family jewels.

Comment

Originally posted by BShaw View Post
                Before I put the 5-speed floor shift in my Hawk I had a cup holder thing that sat on the hump. The floor shift left me with no way to carry a cup of joe. I finally found this cup holder/arm rest "console" for a bench seat on the Internet that is slicker than snot on a doorknob. And, the "dark red" color turned out to be a near perfect match to my vinyl trim.
                Pretty neat indeed. I was fortunate that a previous owner of my '64 Avanti installed pretty neat cup holders in the car. They attach to the sides of the console and are folded tightly against the console until you want to use them. Then they simply fold out and hold drinks very securely. I don't have a picture of them open (one on each side), but you can see one folded against the console in this picture.
                Attached Files
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

FYI, the eBay seller I bought mine from was PenascoPointParts...

Looks like they are out of stock on some colors, including the dark red I got but there are others on eBay selling them with free shipping.
                  sigpic
                  Bob Shaw
                  Rush City, Minnesota

Comment

I want one for both my Avanti and GT Hawk. Anybody found one that works with the bucket seats/console setup?
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

They are advertised in the Goodguys magazine. SoCal speed shop here in Phoenix stocks them

Denny L

Comment

Company is Cupholders Plus. www.cupholdersplus.com. 1-800-978-6300

Denny L

Comment

Looks like your ride is really coming along, Bob!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Bought the same unit off amazon for the Wagonaire a few weeks ago, perfect color match, from Classic Consoles, I believe these guys are the actual manufacturers, had them in stock an I had mine in 4 days.
                            Bill Foy
                            1000 Islands, Ontario
                            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                              Pretty neat indeed. I was fortunate that a previous owner of my '64 Avanti installed pretty neat cup holders in the car. They attach to the sides of the console and are folded tightly against the console until you want to use them. Then they simply fold out and hold drinks very securely. I don't have a picture of them open (one on each side), but you can see one folded against the console in this picture.
                              Those that you are showing Paul look the same as some I installed in my motor home and can be had at any RV-trailer supply for about $3.00, they are plastic and when open they adjust to small or large size cup and work very nice.
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X