Suspension shop needed in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension shop needed in MN

I have the body off of the frame and the frame is getting sand blasted. From there it goes for por-15 and paint. Is there anyone who can suggest a very good suspension shop in the Twin Cities who can press in the bushings and etc adn re-assemble the front end? Please advise, thank you.

Why isn't there a decent front-end shop in a Megopolis of a Million plus people? It is because the old days are gone--particularly in a progressive town like 'SotaLand. "Front end" shops these days are chain-store tire dealers and generally employ kids right out of vocational school, to change out struts and racks and ball-joints.. It is a production line. Most of them work on FWD vehicles or SUVS. Proposing to furnish your own parts is a definite negative to those outfits. Just sitting here, wondering why a guy with the wherewithal to do a "frame off" on a rare car, with all it entails, even NEEDS the help of a shop to rebuild the front suspension! Five-Eight Pack, I'm not criticizing, but encouraging you. I figure that with the few special tools it takes(that the parts-changers at those shops won't even have), and some research on the procedures(that the parts-changers won't do), that you can get it handled yourself, with less expense & save not only the wait, but the time it would take to load it up and transport it back and forth.

Comment

Why isn't there a decent front-end shop in a Megopolis of a Million plus people? It is because the old days are gone--particularly in a progressive town like 'SotaLand. "Front end" shops these days are chain-store tire dealers and generally employ kids right out of vocational school, to change out struts and racks and ball-joints.. It is a production line. Most of them work on FWD vehicles or SUVS. Proposing to furnish your own parts is a definite negative to those outfits. Just sitting here, wondering why a guy with the wherewithal to do a "frame off" on a rare car, with all it entails, even NEEDS the help of a shop to rebuild the front suspension! Five-Eight Pack, I'm not criticizing, but encouraging you. I figure that with the few special tools it takes(that the parts-changers at those shops won't even have), and some research on the procedures(that the parts-changers won't do), that you can get it handled yourself, with less expense & save not only the wait, but the time it would take to load it up and transport it back and forth.

Comment

Try Warren's Auto Repair. 763 755 5629 Coon Rapids
        Klif

55 Speedster
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Try Warren's Auto Repair. 763 755 5629 Coon Rapids
          Klif

55 Speedster
          55 Speedster/Street Machine
          63 Avanti R2
          64 Convertible R1

Comment

Wally to answer your question....I would do it if I had the time. I am never afraid to try something new.

Comment

Wally to answer your question....I would do it if I had the time. I am never afraid to try something new.

Comment

Working...
              X