No announcement yet.

1947 M5 Rolling and Prep,d Chassis , Engine and trans Looking for a New Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1947 M5 Rolling and Prep,d Chassis , Engine and trans Looking for a New Home

I have a complete rolling 1947 M5 chassis with rear end and a matching flat 6 and 3 speed trans I need to find a home for them or sadly I will have to scrap them out.
    The engine has not run since I owned it but does spin freely, the trans does not want to shift and have not wanted to force it.
    The frame was sanded and coated with rust converter and then black encapsulation from Eastman's and is in very clean condition.
    The body is being used for another project and not available. I'm located just outside Detroit.
    If anyone is interested in some or all of these items I will accept any reasonable/unreasonable offer just to avoid having to scrap a part of history.
    I appreciate it if anyone can help me find a home for them.

Thanks
    John

General Michigan locating? A picture would be nice...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
      General Michigan locating? ...
      The original post states; "...just outside Detroit."
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If I could find a way to get it to California I would love to use it to restore the '47 1 1/2 ton that I picked up to save from the crusher. Can anyone help me with this?
        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SilverHawkDan View Post
          If I could find a way to get it to California I would love to use it to restore the '47 1 1/2 ton that I picked up to save from the crusher. Can anyone help me with this?
          Dan
          Isn't Bob Peterson coming east shortly? You may want to touch base with him.

Comment

I know someone who could be interested. Could you please send me a Personal Message with your contact info?
            Thanks, Tom

Comment

Located in Fair Haven Mi on lake St Clair. Will post pictures shortly.

Comment

There are some pics in my album but I have not figured out how to add attachments in posts yet ????? Will add some engine/trans pictures tomorrow.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rr22.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1691963Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG4894.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	1691964Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG4896.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1691965 Ok here are a couple pics ..looking for a home.

Comment

Still looking for a new home for these parts!! Must go before the snow flies or might end up as scrap which would be sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X