Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Need to locate Whistler photo info post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Need to locate Whistler photo info post.

Hello, all;

Who informed me that this famous Whistler photo in a 1963 pulp magazine came from Speed Mechanics?

This photo, which we've all seen:

I didn't remember the magazine from which I cut it out 51 years ago, but a poster here confirmed it was from Speed Mechanics.

I have tried to locate his post/reference and cannot find it. I want to credit him and set the record straight in the up-coming November Turning Wheels Co-Operator, on which I am now working.

Can anyone here (including the person who correctly cited Speed Mechanics, if you read this) please link me to that post? I have tried a number of searches using various words and cannot for the life of me find that post/reference.

Any help or citation would be appreciated. Thanks. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 08-26-2014, 10:08 AM. Reason: corrected magazine title
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Post 3086 http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...mechanics+june

Craig

Comment

Super, Craig; thanks so much. No wonder I couldn't find it; I was looking for Speed Age, not Speed Mechanics.

Did you remember Speed Mechanics as being the name...and if not, for what did you search?

Thanks again. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Did you remember Speed Mechanics as being the name...and if not, for what did you search?
        I remembered it being 'Speed Mechanics', and a June issue, and entered 'mechanics+june', and came up with the result, and then just knew it would not be very many pages back in the long-running 'Studes in Roadside America' thread.

Craig

Comment

Working...
        X