1964 Convertible center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Convertible center console

Does anyone have photos of the center console on '64 convertible? Did they have shifter for auto trans on the floor like Avanti? Did console end at shifter or did it / could it be ordered with extension up to dash like Avanti?

Originally posted by M15 Trucker View Post
    Does anyone have photos of the center console on '64 convertible? Did they have shifter for auto trans on the floor like Avanti? Did console end at shifter or did it / could it be ordered with extension up to dash like Avanti?
    Yes, the console ended before hitting the floor shifter, regardless of transmission control location.

Only on the Avanti did the shifter go "through" the console. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

As Bob noted, they are separate..

The square box is where the floor shifter mounted.
      Be it noted that the center console is different for powershift cars.
      In this pic the front of the console is straight. The one for the power shift has the front bottom notched. The seat mount over the transmission hump is different as well. It is cut out to allow fitting around the shifter housing. 3 unique parts just for the shifter.

This photo is stock what you could order.

This was a modified Console from a 63 Galaxy 500. Curves of the transmission are very similar to Studebaker.
      Click on the picture to see what i mean by modified.

For more pictures click here ==> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1964+studebaker+floor+shift

Comment

Thanks two you both for the info, it has given me some ideas of what I would like to do with my convert.

Comment

These are 63Click image for larger version

Name:	Lark08242014_0002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1691893Click image for larger version

Name:	Lark08242014_0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	1691894
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk