Any other camper photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other camper photos?

I know this was a prototype. I'm curious though, are there any photos of the interior of this camper, either new or contemporary?

Leo-
    for the record the 'camper' mentioned in that thread (the that was for sale) survives, and will be on display on IDYSD. You'll have to drive up to Bellingham, WA to see it in the Bell Collection.
    The 'prototype' seen in the photos that were posted later in that thread no longer survives as far as anyone knows...
    There was a recent article in TW about that second one- I think RQ wrote it.

StudeDave '57
    Last edited by StudeDave57; 08-24-2014, 09:51 PM.
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

My assistance was needed at the Bell's today, so once the work was done- I managed to snag a few photos for you. Keep in mind that this is the Totem and '65 Wagonaire that were the original topic of discussion in the thread you posted above. There's another thread or two about them floating 'round this Forum somewhere as well...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1831[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1691875 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1839[1].jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1691878 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1833[1].jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1691876 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1832[1].jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1691877 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1838[1].jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1691879

The rest of my interior shots didn't turn out so good. Sorry.
        Maybe the next time I am there I can try again.
        Unless of course you make it up here for the 5th Annual Open House...

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...d-in-September

StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thank you for the photos, and I'm sorry now to know that the prototype didn't survive. I will keep this event in mind in the future; I have family in town until the 9th so this year is out. I'll check out the forum for other threads.

I'd sure like to see what the suspension addons are to this!

Between these two campers, I started wondering, has anyone built a coupe express style box that utilized the sliding roof to turn the wagon into a temporary pickup? Either with or without the tailgate attached. I have to think SOMEone has done this on their own at some point in time.

Comment

This Car was Factory ordered by the Co. that Mfg. the Totem Brand Camper, they ordered a 283 V8 with Overdrive with H.D. Springs and Shocks.

The '65-'66 V8 Automatics all come with a H.D. Trans. with the radiator Oil Cooler which also would have worked. They all have a Model 44 Rear Axle and Finned 11 and 10 Inch Drum or Finned 11 Inch Rear Drums and Front Discs. All of those features work to help with the added oversize and loaded weight.
            Actually the empty unit is supposed to only weigh a very light amount, I have forgotten the exact number.

The Units were mostly sold to mount on the decklid of full size notchback Sedans and not designed specifically for the Wagonaire.
            The big difference between this one and the Factory Authorized Camper is that unit fit into the sliding roof area completely, to the front of the roof opening.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

How were they secured in the back? I see the couple of gutter mount clips at the front. With the overhang at the back, did they attach to the bumper brackets?

Comment

Working...
              X