1950 stude question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 stude question

I have a 50 Land Cruiser that I bought without keys. I need to know if the ignition key and the trunk/ door key was the same or am I going to need to have them all worked.

Take out the front door lock and take it to your local lock smith. However, you had better get blanks from S.I. first as the Smithy likely won't have them. Your trunk lock should be different from the doors and the doors will be the same as the ignition (provided of course nothing has been changed). On the other hand, S.I. sells lock sets and it might be easier to go that route.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Thanks studeclunker.

Comment

The trunk and glove box are one key. The ignition and door are the other key.

The door lock can go back in four ways, but only one of them will let you open and lock the door with the key, plus open and lock the door with the inside handle.

Before removing the door lock from the door, you should mark one corner of the square shaft and the hole with a dab of paint so that you get the proper orientation/rotation when reinstalling the lock.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
        X