Dealer Sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Sticker

I think it is neat when you can find a dealer sticker to put on your car, that's from the dealer where I bought my first 1953 coupe in 1959...

Jim
    sigpic
    Jim

They do look good , I have reproduced one for our 66 Daytona that came from a SD dealership, always get some comments on it.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
      They do look good , I have reproduced one for our 66 Daytona that came from a SD dealership, always get some comments on it.
      That's why I posted this picture, last night at a cruse-in more people ask about the sticker than the car... Jim
      sigpic
      Jim

Comment

That sticker looks nice and the car as well.
        I wonder why you put it on the right side. All that I can remember, and all that I placed while selling new and used cars, went on the left side of the car. The only exception being if there was a chrome or paint flaw that could be covered up with it.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That makes sense Gary, while you are passing a Stude. Champion in your Olds Rocket V8 or: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ IF you cared, you could read it!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            That sticker looks nice and the car as well.
            I wonder why you put it on the right side. All that I can remember, and all that I placed while selling new and used cars, went on the left side of the car. The only exception being if there was a chrome or paint flaw that could be covered up with it.
            Gary, Your correct, it should have been put on the left side I wasn't thinking. It was a very old sticker and hard to get apart, I only had one shot at it, and didn't want to put it on the paint, normally they were put on the trunk. Now I just have to live with it, being on the wrong side... Jim
            sigpic
            Jim

Comment

I never have liked it when dealers would put their name on a car. It's bad for the paint or chrome depending on which it's installed. I realize why they do but I don't like to advertise their name on my car...I'm happy to tell people from whom I purchased it if they want. Even worse is the metal emblems they drill holes in the car to install it with pins and nuts. Every time I've bought a car with the dealer's sticker on it, I tell them it either gets removed or I won't buy from them. The dealers who have their name on a license plate frame do a much better service...I can take it off and hand it back to them.

I know at one time (don't know if it's still this way) here in Maryland it was a law that purchasers of a car from licensed dealer had to sign a form giving permission to have the dealer name affixed to the car...it was considered advertising on someone's private property, and as such, could not be done without permission.

I realize that some of these period stickers and emblems are a bit of history, but I still don't want them on my car.

Rant is over.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

When I have ordered new cars, I put a statement right on the sales order that there is to be no dealer ID. I used to say that it would cost them $100 per car end per year for the advertising. That wouldn't be enough now. I did make one exception. In early 2000, when I took delivery of the first new 2001 PT Cruiser in the area, I let them put their license plate frames on the car that I left on the car for a few months. I had sold at that dealership (not when I bought the car). We had different frames for new and for used cars.
                I believe that sticker is too new to have been on a new 1953. It could have been on there when the car was sold as a used car in the 1960s. I know, only a very few of us would know or care about that <G>.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by jims53 View Post
                  I think it is neat when you can find a dealer sticker to put on your car, that's from the dealer where I bought my first 1953 coupe in 1959...
                  I think I still have a couple stickers from the dealer where I bought my '64 Daytona Wagonaire. Problem is, they say "Joe Egle Motor Imports", no mention of being a Studebaker dealer.
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I have a rear panel I cut from a Stude that has a dealer sticker from my Uncle Al's dealership. I sent a copy to Ed George in Ohio who was hoping to reproduce them. Last I heard he's looking for others to do.
                    Rob in PA. The stickers as well as window invoices attract quite a following at shows and especially cruises!
                    PS

Comment

I took this at a salvage yard in Plant City, FL. It at least has the lazy S on it. Neither of my cars has a dealer decal or nameplate. My parents Chevelle station wagon had the dealer decal on the tailgate. It just said SHALLA for Shalla Chevrolet in Detroit. I later found the license 'hanger' with the same name...

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

More here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bumper+sticker

Craig

Comment

My friend Brian gave me a sticker from his dad's dealership, Kovac Motors, Woodbridge, N.J. with the "lazy S" on it. I would like to have duplicates made both of his & my dad's place. I could then put the Kovac Motors sticker on my Studes & the Webb's Auto Sales sticker on my brand x cars. Anyone have an idea on making or buying duplicates? Both are on chrome backgrounds.
                          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                          64 Zip Van
                          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I'd love to know if someone is reproducing these. My rear bumper has the ghost of the Shelby, NC dealer sticker where it started life.
                            Sue

Comment

Our 1947 Studebaker Champion still has its original dealer sticker in excellent condition. It is placed on the dashboard, something I have never seen on another car. The dealer is Isnor's Motor Service, Halifax, Nova Scotia.The license plate frames which most dealers use now are ugly in my opinion. In some cases, they block part of the license number (is the letter E or F?) When I bought a new car, the frames came off as soon as the car came home.
                              Bill Jarvis

Comment

Working...
                              X