Master cylinder advice needed for Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master cylinder advice needed for Avanti

This is a follow up to my previous thread about my master cylinder.
    I bought a Cardone 10-1379 master cylinder for my 78 Avanti II and have several questions. The old one that was on the car had both brake line ports on the side but I doubt that it was the original. The new one has one port on the side and one on the bottom and I'm not sure which port is for the front discs and which is for the rear drums. One reservoir is larger which I assume is for the front but the ports don't align with the reservoirs so I'm not positive which goes with what port. The M/C has to be bench bled prior to installation but I'm not sure how this is done with the bottom port.
    I bought a Cardone bleeder/plunger that is supposed to make bleeding the M/C much easier however everything I have read on their web site or other places only shows how to bleed with the side ports. This may be simple but I want to do it right the first time. It also has a bleeder valve on the side just like the ones on the wheels but I'm not sure of the function since the bleeding is done on the bench.
    i may ask some stupid questions but I'm sort of anal when it comes to only doing things once.
    If someone needs a picture of the Cordone master cylinder it is at Advance Auto Parts ---Cardone 10-1379

Dave
    Avantidave
    1978 Avanti II
Working...
X