Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Champ Pick-up Value

Hi All,

I own a 1961 6E7 Champ pick-up. I have had it for many many years with the hopes of getting it back on the road. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time or room to work on it now. I'm wondering what people think would be a fair price for it?

Some information on it:

Body (flare side), frame, cab, all in very good shape, painted 10 years ago still looks good. I'd basically say no rust on it, if you looked really close you could find some imperfections I'm sure.
    Have a rebuilt, although never started, 259 V8 and transmission in the truck now and another one in pieces on the floor.
    Have many of the original parts in boxes, mostly complete truck if someone could put it back together.
    The interior is mostly stripped out of it, original bench seat is there with steering wheel and column, dash structure in place. Nothing else, all the parts are in a box.

Located in Central Indiana

This probably could be a nice Truck when finished, but basket cases always sell very low due to all the effort figuring out where the builder was with all the parts and work and then all the effort required to finish.
    Without seeing the pieces new or used original? and the Truck, it is not likely to be bid on eBay to over $2000.00 if that.

It would help a whole lot if you can make the engine run to prove it has not rusted up in storage over the years.

It also could help if you would state if it is the desirable, Stock 3 Speed Overdrive T-89 Transmission or which.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I bought my '61 Champ truck about a year and a half ago. It too has the 259 V8 with 3-speed and O/D. The engine had been rebuilt and was not the original to the truck. It has a relatively new paint job and most of the interior had been redone. I have included a photo. I purchased it for $6,500 which was a very reasonable price. Keep in mind it was turn-key and I drove it away. Whether you can use this as a benchmark for yours I'm not sure since yours needs some reassembly. But it might be a place to start.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0080.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1691795Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0084.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1691796Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0083.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1691797
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I bought a 61 Champ with a good body, presentable paint and interior, and a tired 289 engine. It was a 6E7-112 with P2 box. I paid $5000. I have since replaced the tired engine and put in an OD transmission. Non running with parts in the box are the hardest projects to sell. My guess would be $1500ish. Pictures or more details might bring the value up a bit.

Hope I did not offend, because you probably have way more in it than that.
        1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Just bought one with a 6 overdrive short bed running $1400.00. Going to get It today.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I agree making the engine run would be a big benefit but unlikely I can take it that far, if I did I would want to keep it! I do know it turns over since I routinely crank it over and keep the bottom end sprayed down and oil the cylinders.

It does have the 3 speed OD T-89 with the NoRol. I have two of them. Getting some picture of it today, I'll post them asap!
            Last edited by henrybc; 08-19-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

PicturesClick image for larger version

Name:	stude1.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1691800Click image for larger version

Name:	stude2.jpg
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1691801Click image for larger version

Name:	stude3.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1691802Click image for larger version

Name:	stude4.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1691803

Comment

since you've volunteered pics...take some close ups of the rear of fenders and of the floors near the hinge posts....that will help determine value

Comment

Gosh... wish my paint looked that good! Uh, NoRol?? Do you mean Hill Holder?
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I do believe that part is labeled as "No-Rol"

Comment

Originally posted by kamzack View Post
                      I do believe that part is labeled as "No-Rol"

That is correct, either would work. The Mfg. Wagner Brake, called it a No-Roll Valve and Studebaker named it a Hill Holder for their use of it on their Vehicles. A much better Advertising feature Name.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Reviving this almost a year from the day.
                        I have since purchased a full gasket set for the engine in hopes of getting it going. Just no time...worse yet I'm about to lose the storage location I have it in...looking for any reasonable offer to take it off my hands. If anyone knows of anyone that is interested please let me know...my cell is 812-447-5003...text is preferred...phone calls are OK too but please leave a voicemail...truck is located just outside of Columbus, IN 47203.

Ben

Comment

More pics attached...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4069.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1700065Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4097.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1700066Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4100.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1700067Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4102.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1700068Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4104.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1700069Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4103.jpg
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1700071Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4105.jpg
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	1700074Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4106.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1700075

Comment

This photo indicates the cab is '60, unless very early 6E's had the three pressed areas above the window. Good luck.

Comment

Gosh, such a nice truck. I certainly don't need another champ, having three already. Still, this has such beautiful paint, not to mention the rebuilt motor and OverDrive tranny. How to get it over the three thousand miles home though?
                              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                              Ron Smith
                              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                              X