VIN tag location on 1949 business coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: VIN tag location on 1949 business coupe

I searched the archives, but I can't find the information that will tell me where to look for the VIN tag on a 1949 business coupe. Please let me know as I am contemplating the purchase of such a vehicle on a later model chassis, and my DMV will want to see the VIN tag.

Nobody knows where it is?

Comment

Drivers door lock pillar (B pillar).

Terry

Comment

Open the driver side door. On the right hand side, follow the B Pillar down to the ven tag. If you see only 2 holes on that side, someone took the ven tag.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

(Open the driver side door)
            TSK !TSK !TSK !
            One must be mindful of terminology.
            I was given a large ration of dung from members on this site for my use of the term "the driver side".
            Seems we must be sensitive to people now and in the future, who drive from any other location in the car.
            The corrected term given was, "the left side".
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Be aware that in the 40's and 50's, many cars and states used the engine number for the VIN, even though every car came with a serial number.

Since the old engine is probably long gone, you might have some interesting conversations with DMV personnel.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks, Roy. I'll check to see that the title and the VIN plate agree.

Comment

Working...
                X