Grill tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grill tags

In looking at pictures of Studebakers I see some kind tag like things apparently attached to the grills.
    What are these things?

Thanks to anyone clearing this up for me.
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Could use a bit more info on this one!

Comment

Jimmie, you may be referring to the gold, oval grille badges given to winners at AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) judged events.

If a car wins at an AACA event, they have several varieties of gold oval badges, generally with red lettering, given to the winners. These are often displayed on the car's grilles, although they aren't all exactly the same. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Jimmie may be referring to some SDC grille badges that Dan Webber had made up about 25 years ago. They were very nice, but pretty expensive. I don't think he had any more made after he finally sold out of the original order.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
          Jimmie may be referring to some SDC grille badges that Dan Webber had made up about 25 years ago. They were very nice, but pretty expensive. I don't think he had any more made after he finally sold out of the original order.
          I bought one of those for my first Speedster...That badge really was well made...I left it on the car when I sold it...wish I kept it!

Comment

Larks and later Hawks had grille badges installed when new.

Comment

I have one of those badges on grill of the Cruiser. I picked it up at York several years ago for ten bucks.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The '62 GT Hawk you just purchased should have NO Grille Badges of any kind, but of course could easily be added.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

StudeRich,
                  So good to be in touch with you again. As usual, thanks for the information.
                  sigpicJimmie
                  Orange County, Indiana
                  1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Working...
                  X