Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Pressure

Just put a new Napa fuel pump in my 289 daytona. Checked inline fuel filter and it is clean. The car runs but the pump is only putting out 1.5psi.
    ns it defective? Do I need 3 to 5 psi to get the hesitation out of my acceleration?
    Joh n

are you sure the carb caused the hesitation ? Not a true test, but if your car stumbles at start, but accelerates OK at speeds, those are 2 different problems that a simple pump replacement won't fix....

Comment

I know it may not be the fuel pump but really wanted to know about the 1.5psi being something to replace. I'm sure Napa will give me an exchange.
      John

Comment

I put in a in-line regulator near the mechanical fuel pump. The regulator can be adjusted. On my truck I run at 3 PSI. Hope this helps.

Comment

If the actuator Lever (Arm) has way too much slop in it like many of these poor quality Airtex AC clones have, you will not get a full stroke out of it, 1 1/2 Lbs. is way too low and I believe it is defective.

Is there any chance you have a good Carter original type OEM Fuel Pump that you can rebuild or get rebuilt? You will have much better luck with one if you have or can get one.

I don't think a Press. regulator can boost what you do not have.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X