60 years apart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 years apart!

6o years apart!! I wonder if the Impala will be running as good as my 53 in 60 years?

Jim
    sigpic
    Jim

Jim I wouldn't bet my life on it if I where you.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      Jim I wouldn't bet my life on it if I where you.
      It would be hard to imagine I would be able to get a computer part for the Impala in 60 years, besides I would be 132 years old...
      sigpic
      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jims53 View Post
        6o years apart!! I wonder if the Impala will be running as good as my 53 in 60 years?

Jim

One thing for sure , we know which one will be worth the most !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The answer is NO. Too many electronic parts will be obsolete and it will be impossible to fix.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

They can still be around. Just hot rod it fit it with the newer technology if needed. I like Studebakers as a hobby but my new vehicles have more miles, with less repairs, better economy, and less deterioration than anything Studebaker ever made. The same could be said about any other make of car from the same time period.

Comment

Originally posted by jd-stude View Post
              They can still be around. Just hot rod it fit it with the newer technology if needed. I like Studebakers as a hobby but my new vehicles have more miles, with less repairs, better economy, and less deterioration than anything Studebaker ever made. The same could be said about any other make of car from the same time period.
              One would think so, but if you've ever tried to get a 10 year old TV fixed or a 15 year old digital piano fixed, you'll change your opinion instantly. Car electronics would be just as bad (IMHO). Maybe going to upgraded technology would work. Time will tell.
              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Personally, I can't think of a more-appealing new car than the current Impala.
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

I still think that 53 looks better than the new car.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    Alan I'm with you on that opinion!!! Jim
                    sigpic
                    Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      LOL, and I'll third that opinion! Beautiful Studebaker, the Impala you can keep. Though to be honest, I don't think either of them will be on the road sixty years from now in any manner anyway.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                        Personally, I can't think of a more-appealing new car than the current Impala.
                        I do not see any "grins", so in the slim chance that you are serious, I guess that you are a very biased Chevrolet, or at least GM, fan.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          I do not see any "grins", so in the slim chance that you are serious, I guess that you are a very biased Chevrolet, or at least GM, fan.
                          Gary, I have to say I get almost as many complements on the Impala as I get when I drive the 53!!!
                          sigpic
                          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jims53 View Post
                            Gary, I have to say I get almost as many complements on the Impala as I get when I drive the 53!!!
                            I agree that the new Impala is a nice looking car and far above the run of the mill.
                            I was mostly kidding with Bill P. and taking him up on his comment;'...can't think of a more appealing new car..." Several come to mind for me, such as; Bentley Continental, M-B CLS, M-B S coupe, BMW 4 Series, Jaguar coupe.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Somehow, I don't think the electronics is going to be the biggest issue. Not to say it won't be....But...
                              Anyone tried to get an electrical part for a 20 year old car? Not too difficult.
                              Anyone tried to get a plastic part for a 20 year old car? Virtually impossible. Even NOS pieces can be cracked just from age, let alone use.
                              How much plastic is in a modern car????? And not just the obvious trim pieces... Think about that!

Comment

Working...
                              X