Clear All

• Looks like a nice deal on a '56 President

Someone please buy this before I convince myself that I have to have it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	00000_5F7JbFSIHLu_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	1744476

Looks like a nice car, and the price seems reasonable. Anybody know who this belongs to?
    Dave Nevin
    Corvallis, OR
    1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
    Stud-e-venture blog

Belongs to long time Northwest Chapter members Anna and Harold Donner. They are at the age where downsizing is desirable. It has been quite a while since I have seen this car personally, but I have every reason to believe that it is in very good condition.

Comment

oh man, oh man...the temptation.
      Dave Nevin
      Corvallis, OR
      Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

That looks like a major steal at that price. JP and I sold one similar to that years ago for 3 times that price. And I don't think our interior was as nice as this one is purported to be.
        sals54

Comment

As stupid as it would be for me to buy another Studebaker - this one tempts. Has everyone read my story that's posted to this site? It's titled My romance with the president. If you've read it, you understand why this one calls to me.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Y'all are no help...I've sent an email to the owner and if still available plan on visiting it soon. If it works out, at least I'll be able to drive a stude again on IDYSD since mine won't be quite ready to hit the road by then...
            Dave Nevin
            Corvallis, OR
            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Anna Donner used to work for the Oregon Department of Education in the Pupil Transportation Division. That is where I first met her. She brought one of their Hawks to one of our bus driver training rodeos a few years ago and gave me a ride. Anna and Harold are really nice folks and I am sure took very good care of their Studebakers (and Packard). This should be a nice turnkey purchase for someone. I am giving some thought to taking a look at this one myself. Better hurry Dave.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                As stupid as it would be for me to buy another Studebaker - this one tempts. Has everyone read my story that's posted to this site? It's titled My romance with the president. If you've read it, you understand why this one calls to me.
                I went through the 7 most recent pages of your posts Bob, with no luck.
                Then I Searched "My Romance with the President" that having Failed, I tried "my romance", Failed, then "Romance" failed again, I guess I am very bad at Searches!

Maybe someone will take on Page 8 through 15,000!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

For that sort of money I'm almost tempted to import that..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1691768Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1691769Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1691766Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1691767Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1691748Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1691749Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1691750First - Rich - my story's not ON the forums. IF it's still here since the website's redo awhile back, it's in "Studebaker stories or some such thing. Clark oughta know.

$4K! For god sakes - someone adopt this cool car. I PROMISED my wife I wouldn't buy any more Studes. Honestly, she would put up much of a fuss if I bought another, but I mostly promised her as a way of firewalling any backsliding I might get tempted to do.

I've been in contact with these folks and got some nice pics of the car. It's not pristine, but it's nice enough you could drive (and you surely can drive it just like it is) and be proud.

Edit to add that a prior owner (who was a mechanic at a Stude dealership) changed the steering column out to a '57 unit. Something I had considered doing to the '55 Pres that Anne ended up with. I'm guessing it was done because of the way the '56 Pres steering wheels would crumble after a time. This car has PS, but no PB. New MC done recently. Car goes and stops as it should according to Harold.
                    Last edited by Roscomacaw; 08-16-2014, 02:33 PM.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      I went through the 7 most recent pages of your posts Bob, with no luck.
                      Then I Searched "My Romance with the President" that having Failed, I tried "my romance", Failed, then "Romance" failed again, I guess I am very bad at Searches!

Maybe someone will take on Page 8 through 15,000!
                      Here ya go, Rich! http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/ss_30.asp

Comment

I'm off to see it tomorrow afternoon...
                        Dave Nevin
                        Corvallis, OR
                        Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Very nice buy for someone.

Comment

Somebody buy it quick. I don't want to buy another Studebaker. But if I did, this would be the one. It's in my favorite colors for 56.
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                              Thanks Bob, I enjoyed that very much, told as ONLY Biggs could! It just goes to show how durable and dependable a Stude. V8 can be.

I have read several of your Stories, but not that one.
                              It reminds me of Art Unger's (God rest his Soul) "Presadent"? long running Series of Stories in TW about his Sturdy '56 President.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X