Weasel on TV (10/18/07)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel on TV (10/18/07)

Was watching 'Classic Tractors' on RFD TV and there was a segment on the show lauding the fun of having a parade at a tractor show.
    The camera showed several John Deere tractors and other vintage tracors, a couple of military vehicles, and then a steam tractor with steel cleated wheels goes by.
    My first thought was I was glad the parade route was on dirt...
    Then two parade entrants later a Weasel goes by...in the parade!
    Nice to see....
    Should be on again at 4am (Eastern) if anyone wants to record it...
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

You don't know where that was filmed, do you? I think I ran my Weasel once in the "Parade of Power" at the Pioneer Acres tractor show in Irricana, Alberta. Somebody might have filmed it.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

You don't know where that was filmed, do you? I think I ran my Weasel once in the "Parade of Power" at the Pioneer Acres tractor show in Irricana, Alberta. Somebody might have filmed it.

Comment

I wasn't paying that close of attention..
        But I did think for a second that I should write down the military ID number that was stencil'ed on the side of it. There were a bunch of John Deere tractors in the segment, and quite a few military vehicles (Jeep's, Powerwagons, etc.) The Weasel was very nice, and a basic model (no float tank(s) or top.
        I'll keep an eye out for the show again and try to grab a pic off the screen.
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by gordr

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

I wasn't paying that close of attention..
          But I did think for a second that I should write down the military ID number that was stencil'ed on the side of it. There were a bunch of John Deere tractors in the segment, and quite a few military vehicles (Jeep's, Powerwagons, etc.) The Weasel was very nice, and a basic model (no float tank(s) or top.
          I'll keep an eye out for the show again and try to grab a pic off the screen.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by gordr

Jeff

Comment

Yes Jeff, I saw that show this morning @4.It was filmed in Iowa.I forgot the town.If we could get those tractor guys restoring studes.,Man there would be a lot more nice ones to look at.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Yes Jeff, I saw that show this morning @4.It was filmed in Iowa.I forgot the town.If we could get those tractor guys restoring studes.,Man there would be a lot more nice ones to look at.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Last year I was visiting an antique tractor show at the Dollinger Farm in northern IL just off I-80 near Joliet. Walked down a row and there was a restored Weasel sitting in amongst all the tractors.

Mike

Comment

Last year I was visiting an antique tractor show at the Dollinger Farm in northern IL just off I-80 near Joliet. Walked down a row and there was a restored Weasel sitting in amongst all the tractors.

Mike

Comment

I went from Studebakers to tractors and back to Studebakers (though I still have 10 tractors). Tractor restoration is a breeze, no glass, minimal sheet metal and no interior. When was the last time you saw a rotted frame or bad floors or trunk bottoms on a tractor? The biggest expense is the tires.

Comment

I went from Studebakers to tractors and back to Studebakers (though I still have 10 tractors). Tractor restoration is a breeze, no glass, minimal sheet metal and no interior. When was the last time you saw a rotted frame or bad floors or trunk bottoms on a tractor? The biggest expense is the tires.

Comment

Working...
                      X