What are Lark Front Fenders Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Lark Front Fenders Worth?

I've got a pair of rust free Lark front fenders that were removed from a 63 in the early 70's. The fenders are in great shape but the inners have been butchered. What is a decent pair of Lark fenders selling for these days?

Thanks,
    Nick

Pretty much whatever you can get!

The NOS ones are just outers anyway, so a throw away Inner on a Used one should not be too big a deal. Probably from $100.00 to $250.00 each if no rust at rear flange.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No rust at the rear flange? I thought they came from the factory that way. I have never seen one without rust there.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        No rust at the rear flange? I thought they came from the factory that way. I have never seen one without rust there.
        HeHeHe That's the type of front fenders my 63 Wagonaire came equipped with!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Thats not just Larks it's every studebaker ever made. When you take a fender off and look at it real close in that area if they had really wanted to fix it they could have but thats what made people buy new Studebaker's.

Comment

Thanks Rich, that's kind of what I was thinking. Can't say I've seen many for sale though.

Believe it or not, I have seen Lark fenders without any rust on the flange. They were fiberglas.

Comment

Before I put a front clip on my '62 Lark, I turned the fenders up with the front part in the air. Then I got some undercoating, heated it and filled that rear flange area - hopefully they are still out there showing nothing...

Comment

(standing on my soapbox) This calls for POR 15!! That stuff is tuff & perfect for the rear edge of Studes. I scrape out all the undercoating & road debris, blow it out & rinse it real good. Let it dry, then spray of pour it into that pocket (or valley, what ever you wish to call it) as long as it isn't exposed to sunlight you can leave it. I have a 69 Barracuda whose trunk leaks bad. I scraped off the loose surface rust a good 10 or more years ago & coated it with POR 15. It still looks like the day I did it. I also use it on battery trays but topcoat it with some rattle can paint so it matches, but on Studes it's good before you topcoat it with the car color & it will hold up.
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                  Thats not just Larks it's every studebaker ever made. When you take a fender off and look at it real close in that area if they had really wanted to fix it they could have but thats what made people buy new Studebaker's.
                  Not true! The '47 to '52 Body did not have Fenders that overlap the Cowl like '53 to '66's!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0523A (388x332).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1691678 Look Ma NO rust!
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 08-08-2014, 10:50 AM.
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That maybe but they still had the vent door and still had a rust problem.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                      That maybe but they still had the vent door and still had a rust problem.
                      OK, I'll let that one slide since you do live in Minnesota! West of the Rockies we seldom ever see ANY rust around the Vent Doors. Sounds like a personal problem to me!
                      StudeRich
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a pair of desert front fenders for 62-63......surface rust in Mass.......

Comment

jackb, I sent you a PM.

Comment

For what it's worth, I bought a pair of NOS Lark fenders at the 2013 spring swap meet in South Bend for $300. They had been stored in a barn for many decades and are covered in surface rust, but I think I got a good deal.
                            sigpic
                            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hmmm... Alan, I should have walked you another 50 to the back when you were here that time. You'd probably have bought a pair from me just to use as curios!
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X