Moving Back To Michigan From Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Back To Michigan From Florida

At least I'll be closer to South Bend...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Cool beans, Tom. What's the occasion...and where ya' goin? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm starting a new job with Rochester Hills Chrysler in the body shop. My dad is showing signs of Alzheimer's and I'll be closer to helping my mother. I have my apartment in Lakeland until November, so the cars are down here until I move the stuff out of the apartment.

By the way, I won't be saying 'cool beans' in January...LOL!
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

What part of Michigan?
        Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
        Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
          Yeah, but if you do...chances are, those standing around you will be able to understand what you said... without a translator!

Good luck with your move (amigo)
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I'm starting a new job with Rochester Hills Chrysler in the body shop. My dad is showing signs of Alzheimer's and I'll be closer to helping my mother. I have my apartment in Lakeland until November, so the cars are down here until I move the stuff out of the apartment.

You're right, Tom; they'll be frozen beans, not cool ones, up there in January! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

John, only twice in 30 years I needed a translator, and one of those was Japanese. Florida isn't that bad...

Bob, like I said, only 4 or 5 hours to South Bend. And I haven't seen the new museum yet...
              Last edited by Swifster; 08-07-2014, 03:59 PM.
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Any of your cars for sale here in FL?

Comment

Bob, like I said, only 4 or 5 hours to South Bend. And I haven't seen the new museum yet...
                  You're in for a treat, Tom; seeing the new Studebaker National Museum. And all the MapQuest routes from Rochester Hills to South Bend come in at less than 4 hours driving time, too.

If it is dry, take the shortest route, using much of old U.S.12. It is a neat old road. Not the fastest, per MapQuest, but still under 4 hours, and the shortest as to total miles traveled. BP

Comment

Welcome back, The bad news as you know is you are coming back one of the busiest areas in Michigan. On the plus side, Rochester Hills et. al. is a durn nice area.

We have been having the best summer in a long time with temps in the high 70's to low 80's and 60's at night. My air conditioner has run for one day this summer and that was a humidity problem. (But you should be used to that condition).

As you also recall, Michigan falls are as good as it gets and the springs are great also. I will handle the winters to get the rest of the year.

Congrats on moving to help your parents, That says a lot of good things about you.

Bob

Comment

At least I'll be closer to South Bend...
                      Check your P.M.s . I sent one .
                      JLB

Comment

Welcome home, Tom!

I'm in Clawson, just a lug nut toss away. Still lots to love about this area. I'm nearby if ya need anything!
                        And now you get the regular season Tigers instead of just the spring training edition. Rochester Hills Chrysler has a salesman named John Imbs (like that? I am B.S.) who is a friend of my brother's. He likes it there a lot.

I am a registered nurse if you get any questions about area health care! And I would be glad to store a Studey for you in my garage till you get your bearings!

Brian
                        Last edited by drpreposterous; 08-07-2014, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Welcome back Swifster. I agree with Bob we've been having a terrific summer and the state will be beautiful until October ends.
                          Then ... not so much. Retreat to the garage and wrench on the car for a few months.

Comment

Tom: Good luck upon your return to Michigan and the best to you and your parents. I think I recall when you made the move to Florida. In 1988 we moved to Florida from Michigan, but somehow when we headed north in 2008 we ended up in Connecticut!
                            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by doublepaddle View Post
                              Any of your cars for sale here in FL?
                              I do have a '64 Commander 2-dr that I would like a grand for. It's basically a parts car. I never really thought about selling it. It's rusty. But having dealt in the old car field, I can get sections of car at reasonable cost. My idea was making a hot rod out of it.
                              Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X