Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Up Paint for 1963 Model Year Question

Hi all,

Just wondering if by chance anyone out there is Studeland has available for sale any bottle(s) of touch up paint for Rose Metallic, which is 1963 model year????? I know it's a long shot, but at a couple of meets in the past I've found NOS bottle for sale, and in fact had a couple for my GT Hawk!

Thanks,
    -George-

Studebaker International may have some of the Rose Mist touch up paint available. You do realize that at this point they are just for looks and are not actually usable?
    R2Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by R2Andy View Post
      Studebaker International may have some of the Rose Mist touch up paint available. You do realize that at this point they are just for looks and are not actually usable?
      Believe it or not, the one I had for the GT Hawk was actually usable and I used it a couple times! It had never been opened and the paint inside was just fine. Actually the objective is to display and to apply a small quantity onto paper for computer color matching

Comment

Unless it was sprayed, touch up bottle paint brushed onto a surface would not give the proper readout for a correct color match due to the metallic content being distributed unevenly. Your best bet would be to use a surface that was not exposed to the elements such as the upper front door hinge cover on Larks. Ray has a formula listed on his site for some colors including Rose Mist:http://www.raylinrestoration.com/Tec...PaintForms.htm

If there isn't any restrictions in your area & your local jobber has these PPG toners available then this would be the best place to start.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
        X